Chapter 19

Luna

A smile spreads across my face as I step off of the airplane

A smile spreads across my face as I step off of the airplane. Gio and Anna follow close behind me as we maneuver our way to baggage claim. After grabbing our bags, we head to the front of the airport where we find a cab to head to our town. "Bye Anna," I say as she gets into a separate cab from Gio and I. She smiles and waves before riding away. Gio and I get into our car and start our ride to our neighborhood. It doesn't take long before we're pulling up in front of a familiar two story house. Gio and I quickly give each other hugs before heading to our houses which are two doors down from each other. I knock on my front door, waiting patiently for one of my family members to open the door. A smile forms on my face when the door swings open, revealing my dad. "Papa!" I squeal.

"Luna!" Papa pulls me into a tight hug. "How have you been, kiddo?"

"I've been great," I smile, pulling away from him. I walk further into the house and close the door behind me. The familiar pale yellow walls give me a sense of warmth as I look around at my house. Everything seems to be the same, including the smell of gingerbread that always circulated the house. "Where's mama?"

"She went to the market with your sister," Papa answers with a smile. "You know how she likes to shop super early.."

"Right," I giggle with a yawn. Papa and I continue talking for a while before I finally decide to head upstairs. I find my bedroom and open the door, revealing the organized room that is surprisingly cleaner than I left it. I hear a small shifting noise before I see a fluffy white head pop out of the blankets on the bed. "Hi baby!" I giggle as I pick up my puppy. Aurora excitedly licks my face, smothering me with her puppy kisses. With a laugh, I shut the door and begin to change into more comfortable clothing. I poop down on the bed, careful not to fall on Aurora who is laying at the end of the bed again. Holding my arms open, I urge for her to come cuddle with me as I prepare to fall asleep. It doesn't take long before I'm fast asleep in my bed.

***

I feel a wet sensation on my cheek as I slowly open my eyes. Aurora stands above me, gently licking my face. I giggle and gently push her away as my phone begins to vibrate. I check the caller ID and immediately answer, "hello?"

"Hey baby," I hear my boyfriend's deep voice say through the phone. "Are you at home yet?"

"Mhm," I hum, nodding my head despite the fact that he can't see me. "I landed some hours ago."

"You forgot to call," he chuckles as I softly begin to play with Aurora's fluffy hair.

"I'm sorry. I fell asleep right when I got here and I just woke up," I explain looking at my window that is now dark, informing me that I slept the entire day away.

"Oh, I can tell. Your voice is all groggy."

"What are you up to?" I question, sitting up in the bed so I am leaning against the headboard.