Chapter 25

Two months later...

                        Adrian

"Alright, so you have to talk to the finance department until 3:30, then you only get twenty minutes for lunch before we have to head out to meet with Richards for the conference on Wednesday

"Alright, so you have to talk to the finance department until 3:30, then you only get twenty minutes for lunch before we have to head out to meet with Richards for the conference on Wednesday. You told Luna that you won't be home until late, correct?"

"Oops..." I mutter, looking away from Tia who glares at me. We quickly make our way into the elevator and head up to the top floor. "Sorry..."

"Adrian, you have got to be more responsible," she rolls her eyes. "Can't believe that you're my boss and not the other way around."

"Hey...I'm a busy man.."

"Mhm..go call your boyfriend, please."

"Whatever," I roll my eyes and head into my office when the doors open. I grab my phone from my pocket and dial Luna's number.

"Hello..?" he answers, groggily.

"Hey, baby. Were you asleep?"

"Mhm," he hums.

"Oh I didn't know. I'm sorry."

"That's okay," he tells me. "What's up?"

"I was just calling to let you know that I have a couple of meetings tonight so I'll be home late."

"What...how late?" he asks, a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Probably around 11. Why so sad?"

"Adrian..." he whines. "My parents are coming in tonight..."

"Oh shit...I forgot.."

"Of course you did. Is there no way you can come home earlier?"

"I don't think so, babe. I have a really important conference on  Wednesday and I need to finish all of my meetings tonight."

"Alright, Adrian," he sighs.

"I love you."

"Yeah," he responds.

"Babe," I groan. "Don't do this."

"I'm not doing anything. I just want you to be here when my parents come."

"I'll try my best, okay?"

"Okay."

"Bye, baby," I say and prepare to hang up the phone.

"Adrian, wait!"

"What?"

"I love you too," he tells me and hangs up the phone. I chuckle and set my phone down on the desk. I take it the next hour to finish up a few sketches and client calls. Before I know it, it's time for my 3:00 meeting with the finance department, and I'm making my way towards the elevator with Tia. One boring meeting later, I'm headed out of the building, toward my car. Tia and I eat a quick lunch before going to our conference meetings.