Chapter 18

*extremely short chapter but long one is coming soon*

Luna

"Gio..." I sigh as I watch him mess up the icing on yet another cookie. This is our second batch of cookies that I plan to bring to Adrian's job. It has been a couple of weeks since I last saw him due to his busy work schedule. I'd made a few failed attempts to visit him but I had only received news that he was in meetings and was unavailable. I'm supposed to surprise him in between his meetings. "No one is going to want these if you keep messing them up."

Gio shrugs his shoulders and takes a bite out of the cookies. "They'll be fine. Everyone knows you make good cookies," he tells me. I roll my eyes and begin to pack the rest of the cookies into large containers. I hand them to him and send him downstairs to the car. While he's down there, I grab the lunch that I'd prepared for Adrian from the fridge and slip my shoes on. Shooting Tia a quick text to let her know I'm on my way, I make my way out of the hotel room and down to the parking garage where Gio is waiting in the car. I hop into the passenger seat and lock myself in, connecting my phone to the radio to play music. We head to Adrian's office building, making small conversation and occasionally laughing at things we see on the street. It doesn't take long before we're parking outside of the building. We grab all of the items and head inside, saying hello to the secretary as we pass by. We stop on the employee floor and set the cookies down on one of the empty tables. As per usual, the employees file into a line to collect a snack for themselves. I hear Gio hiss as he spots Tia walking out of the restroom. I roll my eyes at his antics, knowing that he'd formed a crush on the woman in the past couple times I'd taken him to visit with me.

"I'm gonna go see Adrian. Please don't act a fool in front of Tia," I tell him and make my way back to the elevator. I head to the top floor where Adrian's office is and am not surprised to see his door closed. I softly knock on the door.

It takes a while before I finally hear a quiet, "come in," from inside of the office. I turn the handle and open the door, revealing Josh who is sitting across from Adrian who happens to be typing on his computer. He looks up from the screen as I poke my head through the door. "Hey beautiful!" he smiles.

I give him a small smile. "Am I interrupting something? Should I come back?"

"No you're fine," Adrian answers, shaking his head.

Josh begins to head to the door. "I'll bring you the files later today," he says and exits Adrian's office, shutting the door behind him.

I place the bag of food on his desk and walk over to him. Almost instantly, he slips his arms around my waist and pulls me down, smashing his lips into mine. "I missed you so much," he mumbles against my lips.

I smile into the kiss and pull away from him. "I missed you too, babe. I brought you lunch."

Adrian's face lights up. "Really?" he grabs the bag and opens it, revealing a nice salad that I'd made for him. "Thank you, Love," he tells me and grabs a plastic fork from somewhere in his desk. We spend quite some time talking about the past couple of weeks while he eats his salad. Occasionally, I steal a few bites while he isn't looking.

Soon enough, he is finished eating and throws away the remains. I wrap my arms around his neck and lean into him. "Are you coming with me to England?" I ask, hopefully.

Adrian gives me a small smile and softly kisses my cheek. "I don't think so, baby."

"But babe..." I begin to whine. "It's my birthday.."

"I know but I'm really busy. I have a bunch of meetings and business to handle," he sighs. "Maybe next time, Love."

A pout makes its way onto my face as I huff and hop off of his lap. I begin to make my way to the door. "I'll talk to you later."

"Wait!" he calls behind me. I turn around to him, crossing my arms over my chest. "When do you leave?"

"Tonight."

"Then I'll come see you tonight before you go," he tells me. "I'll drop you off at the airport."

"Adrian I don't need you to–"

"I'm taking you and that's final," he says, firmly. "Now come back and give me a kiss before you leave." With a roll of the eyes, I walk back over to him and softly peck his lips before heading out of the door. I go back down to the employee floor and groan when I see Gio trying his best to flirt with Tia. I quickly grab him by his ear, granting a goodbye to Tia, and pull him back down to the car. Irritated, both of us head off back to the hotel.

***

"Luna, do you have all of your stuff?" Anna asks as she plops down on my bed. I nod my head, zipping up my suitcase and sigh. I lay down on my stomach and dig my head into the pillow. "Whats up with you?"

"Nothing," I shake my head as Gio enters the room and sits down next to me, resting his head on my  back.

"You're lying," Anna responds. "Why are you so sad?"

"Yeah," Gio starts. "You've been mad ever since we left Adrian's company."

"I'm not mad," I say to him.

"Sad."

"I'm not sad."

"Well you're obviously upset so what's wrong?"

I let out another sigh and begin to fiddle with my fingers. "I wanted Adrian to come home with us for my birthday but he can't because he's too busy at work."

"Well I'm sure he wants to go, Luna," Anna frowns. "He's a business owner. He has a lot to take care of."

"I know but I just really wanted to spend my birthday with him.."

"He probably has something planned for you two when we get back," Gio shrugs. "Don't be upset with him because of it."

"I'm not upset with him," I explain, running my hands through my curly hair. "I'm just upset at the situation right now. I'll be fine." As soon as I finish speaking, we hear a firm knock on the suite door. "Speak of the devil..." I murmur and head to the door of our hotel suite. I open the door, revealing my handsome boyfriend who leans against the doorway with his hands in his pockets.

Almost immediately, Adrian wraps his arms around my torso and lifts me up, into a tight hug. "Hey baby!" he grins and places me back on the ground.

I giggle and allow a small smile to form on my face. "How was work?"

"It was actually pretty good. I had a good day," he makes his way to the couch and takes a seat. "Are you guys ready to g–"

"Adrian! My man!" Gio exclaims, exiting my bedroom. He plops down on next to Adrian and stares him in the face. "So...did Tia say anything about me?"

Adrian shrugs his shoulders and chuckles. "I'm not sure. I haven't really been paying much attention..."

With a roll of the eyes, I head back to my bedroom and grab my suitcase. After checking that I have everything, I make my way back to the living room along with Anna who carries her own stuff. As I arrive back, I hear Gio still trying to pry information out of my boyfriend. "Gio stop pestering him and go grab your suitcase."

"Why do you always have to act like my mom?" he frowns as he stands up from the couch. "I'm just trying to find love out in this cruel world." I softly smack him in the back of the head and push him toward his room. It doesn't take long before he's exiting with his suitcase. Before I know it, we're all piling into Adrian's Jeep and heading out onto the road.

"I'm gonna miss you," Adrian tells me when we pull into the drop off area of the airport. As he parks the car, we get out and grab our bags from the trunk. Adrian wraps his arms around my body and softly kisses my lips. "Have fun."

I nod my head and hug him tightly. "I will try my best to do that."

"Can you guys hurry up? We're gonna miss our flight,"
Anna complains, rolling her blue eyes.

"I love you," Adrian tells me and pecks my lips again.

"I love you too, babe," I smile at him. "I'll call you when I land okay?"

"You better!" he calls as he gets back inside of his car. My friends and I carry our suitcases back inside, heading off to check in for our flight home.