Chapter 22

**TW: mention of death/illness**

Adrian

"Adrian, make those girls stop staring at you," Tia sighs as we lightly jog on the treadmill

"Adrian, make those girls stop staring at you," Tia sighs as we lightly jog on the treadmill. We'd started to work out at the gym about an hour ago as apart of both of our daily routines.

I chuckle. "Have you seen me? They can't resist looking at this..." I wink at her. She gives me a blank stare before pretending to gag. With a laugh, I step off of the treadmill and head over to sit down on a mat. Tia follows, plopping down on the ground with a grunt. "Tired?"

"Absolutely exhausted. Gio kept me up all night playing video games with him," she sighs.

"How are you guys doing, anyway?"

"We're good! He's been cleaning the house everyday before I get home so that's great!" She gives me a smile as we begin to stretch. "What about you and Luna?"

"We, as a couple, have been amazing," I sigh. "But Luna has been kind of spacey lately so I don't know what's going on with him."

"Have you tried asking him?" Tia asks, stopping to take a sip from her water bottle.

"Yeah but you know how he is...he'll pretend that nothing is wrong until he's completely over it so he doesn't have to face confrontation," I shrug.

"Well then, how do you know that something is wrong with him if he pretends he's okay?"

"I just know, Tia," I shoot her a sly smile. "He has been really snappy lately...and he's eating more than normal."

"Maybe he's pregnant."

"Tia, I'm being serious!"

"So am I!"

"That's impossible. We haven't even had sex yet...plus he's a male."

"Whatever," Tia raises a thin eyebrow at me and smirks . "I guarantee he already told Gio what's wrong."

As she finishes her statement, my eyes widen. "You really think he told Gio and not me?" I question.

"No. I know he did. For a fact," she chuckles. "I'm sure he'll tell you eventually. Just don't worry about it too much."

I glance at my vibrating phone as she speaks, ignoring the call when I see it's from my mother. "It's hard not to worry about it when I live with him," I sigh, standing up. We both make our way out of the gym and head to our separate cars. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Have a nice evening," she smiles. I get into the car and begin to head towards my house, dialing Luna's number on the way.

"Hello?" Luna answers.

"What are you up to, my love?" I ask him.

"Um..I just got home not too long ago so I'm about to lie down and relax."