Chapter 29- Epilogue

*Please read the authors note at the end*

Luna lets out a deep sigh as he glances at the clock for the third time

Luna lets out a deep sigh as he glances at the clock for the third time. 6:51. He grabs the pot from the stove and pours it's brown contaminants into two shiny white mugs before turning off the burners. Large swirls of whipped cream are placed on top each mug before they're each decorated with a single pepper mint stick. As Luna carries the mugs of hot cocoa over to the living room, the front door jiggles a bit before his husband comes bursting through, frantically ripping his suit jacket off of his body.

"I'm here! I'm here!" he exclaims, rushing inside. Since they'd gotten married, it's been two years of watching a cheesy holiday movie every year on Christmas Eve. Somehow, Adrian had managed to almost be late to every single one.

"Took you long enough. Maybe you can try again next year," Luna giggles and places the mugs on the coffee table before heading back into the kitchen. "Go change and get the movie ready while I finish with the snacks."

"Sorry!" Adrian calls as he rushes upstairs. It doesn't take long for him to return, holding multiple blankets in his arms as he heads for the living room. He quickly plugs up the Christmas lights on the tree before plopping down on the couch and grabbing the remote. "Babe, it's starting!" he says once he settles on the holiday channel. Luna comes into the living room, holding a bowl of popcorn before placing it on the coffee table. He sits down on his husband's lap, cuddling into his chest as Adrian tries his best to lay the blanket over both of their legs. Once comfortable, he wraps his arm around Luna's torso and presses a kiss to the crown of his head. "I missed you," he mumbles into the man's curly hair, inhaling the smell of his apple-scented shampoo.

Luna looks up at him with a smile. "Yeah? Maybe you would've missed me a bit less if you got here on time."

"Eh, I would have missed you, no matter what time I got here," Adrian grins, leaning down to pepper small kisses along the side of Luna's face.

"Are you being sweet and kissing me so I'll let you off the hook?" Luna raises an eyebrow.

"Is it working?"

Luna lets out a soft giggle. "I don't know. Guess you'll have to keep going so we can find out."

"Cute," Adrian chuckles and pulls him closer into his chest as Riot climbs on the couch. "You know you're not supposed to be up here, bud."

"Leave my baby alone," Luna grabs Riot into his arms and places a kiss on his head. "He just wants to watch a movie with his parents."

"Fine. I'll only allow it because it's Christmas Eve and we're gonna have to stop giving him our full attention, soon," Adrian sighs, trying his best not to smile at his husband who stares up at him with a pout. He leans down to place a gentle kiss on Luna's pouty lips before he spots Riot up to no good. "Riot! No!" he grabs the dog from Luna's arms, where he was slowly edging himself closer and closer to Luna's cup of hot chocolate.