Chapter 8

Luna

"You sure you don't want me to come down there?" Gio asks for what has to be the sixth time since we started our FaceTime call.

I giggle and continue to prepare my tea, in the small kitchen of my hotel suite. "I'm positive, Gio. Everything is fine over here."

"You're not lonely?" he raises an eyebrow at me through the screen.

"I mean...I guess it's a little bit lonely over here but nothing too major for you to fly all the way over here," I roll my eyes.

"Okay okay..." Gio sighs. "No need to roll your eyes. I'm just trying to make sure you're okay."

"And that's very sweet of you but I'm perfectly fine," I give him a small smile as I pour the steaming hot water into a mug and grab a tea bag. As I'm doing this, the call cuts out, insinuating that I'm getting another phone call. "I'll call you back later, Gio. I'm getting another phone call."

"Alright. I love you! Bye!" Gio waves and hangs up. I hurry and switch to the other call, feeling a sense of happiness when I hear who it is.

"Luna!" Anna's voice bursts through the phone.

"Hi, Anna!" I giggle. As much as I love to pretend she annoys me, she could always find a good way to make me laugh. Not talking to her for a couple of days made me realize how much I enjoy her company.

"So...whatcha doin'?" She questions, sounding a bit suspicious. I pour a bit of milk into my tea and customize it to my liking before taking a sip.

"Uh..just enjoying a cup of tea, what about you?" I ask as I take another sip.

"Standing outside of your room," she blatantly states. I roll my eyes and twirl the spoon in my tea mug.

"Seriously, Anna. What are you doing?" I giggle.

"I'm being one hundred percent serious, Lu. I'm standing outside of your hotel room," she says once again, causing me to choke on my lovely drink. I place the mug on the counter as I continue to cough so that I won't drop it. "Now come open the door. My feet hurt and I'm tired from the flight."

Wide eyed, I make my way over to the door and open it. And there in the flesh, stands my wonderful coworker from back home. Anna gives me a bright smile and bursts inside of the hotel room, holding her suitcase in hand. Still shocked, I raise an eyebrow and say, "Anna...what the heck are you doing here?"

"I came to visit!" She smiles and rolls her suitcase into the small living room. I place my hand on my hips and stare at her. "Okay fine...I wanted to get away from work so I convinced your father to let me come down here and keep you company. Do you not want me here or something?"

It's not that I don't want Anna here...it's just that this was supposed to be my time to prove to my dad that I'm responsible enough to handle things on my own. But now that Anna is here, I'm not exactly on my own anymore... "it's fine, Anna," I sigh and take a seat on the couch. "How long do you plan to stay?"

"Just for a few weeks," She says as she plops down next to me. "So...how has America been?"

"It's been alright," I shrug. And that is the truth. Everything has been just alright.

"Just alright?" Anna raised an eyebrow at me. I nod and take a long sip of my tea. "Well we're gonna have to change that. What time is it?"

I glance at my phone which happens to be sitting next to me. "3:07," I respond, looking up at her with curious eyes.

"We're going out tonight. Be ready by nine."

"What if I don't wanna go?" I raise an eyebrow at the woman.