Chapter 10

Adrian

"What are you cleaning up for?" Naomi asks, sitting down on my freshly washed counter. I wrap my arms around her and pull her down. I roll my eyes and continue to wipe down the counter before throwing the towel in the laundry room. She walks over to the other side of the kitchen and picks up a candle that I had lit. "This smells good. I'm taking it," she says and blows it out, putting the lid on it.

"Ah! Stop touching stuff!" I screech and grab the candle from her. I light it and place it back in its place.

"What is all of this for anyway?" Dakota asks as she grabs a water from my fridge. I ignore her question, heading up the stairs to go take a shower. Once I'm done, I decide to throw on a navy blue hoodie with light blue jeans that cuff at the ankle. I slip on a pair of white vans and spray myself with an expensive cologne. Once I'm dressed and smelling nice, I put on my gold watch and grab my phone, heading back downstairs. Dakota and Naomi are now sitting on my couch, watching television. When they see me, Dakota raises an eyebrow. "Seriously, what's up with you? You're pretty dressed up to be babysitting."

"Baby sitting?" I question, furrowing my brows. I plop down on the loveseat.

"Yea. Dad said you promised to watch Logan and Ava today," she tells me, referring to my step-brother's kids.

I gasp, remembering the conversation with my father. "Oh crap! I forgot!"

"What did you have planned for today, anyway?" Naomi asks, snatching Dakota's water bottle from her and taking a sip.

"I was supposed to be having company today..." I groan. "Can you guys watch them? Please?"

"Oh hell no," Naomi shakes her head. "I hate kids."

"Guys...please..." I whine. "I really like this guy..."

Dakota groans. "Fine...but I'm only keeping them until six."

"Thank you!" I squeak. Naomi rolls her eyes as I flash her a sweet smile. "I love you."

"Whatever," She groans and stands up. "See you later," she says as she and Dakota exit my house. I look down as I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.

Luna❤️: I'm almost at your house. Can you come outside and wait for me?

Me: of course

I quickly run into the laundry room where I spot Riot in his kettle. "Please be good," I whisper before leaving the house. As I step outside, a silver car pulls into my driveway. I stand in the my doorway and smile when I see a small, curly headed figure climbing out of the backseat.

"Bye Mr. Uber Driver Man!" Luna waves and giggles as the car pulls off. He runs up to me with a bright grin on his face. "Hi Adrian!"

"Someone's energized," I chuckle. "Good afternoon, Luna."

"Sorry..." he bites his lip as I open the door to the house. I follow him inside, taking a glance at his outfit. He is wearing a large white sweater paired with a pair of light ripped jeans. "I had a lot of candy this morning."

"It's fine," I shrug. I furrow my brows as I hear a light pattering noise before I see Riot running down the hallway.

"Hi buddy!" Luna giggles and drops down to play with the pup. Riot instantly runs into Luna's arms. "He's so cute! What's his name?"

"Riot," I reply with a sigh. I grab him and hold him so we're face to face. "Riot, I locked you up and said be good. How the hell did you even get out?"

"He's a genius," Luna answers for him. He takes Riot from me and cuddles him into his chest. "And a cutie pie so don't scold him," he frowns at me.