Chapter 4

Luna

"Luna!" My mother called from downstairs. I sighed and placed my last shirt into my suitcase. I stood up from my spot on the floor and walked out of my room to the edge of the staircase. As soon as mama spotted me, a smile grew on her face. "Gio is here to talk to you."

I nodded and headed back into my bedroom. "Tell him to come upstairs!" I called behind me. A few minutes later, I heard loud footsteps heading up the creaky stairs. I assumed that Gio had spent a moment talking to my parents before heading up to my bedroom.

"Hey," Gio breathed, plopping down on my bed, holding two cups of scolding hot tea. "Your mom wanted me to bring you this," he handed one of the cups to me.

"Thank you," I placed the cup on my dresser.

"So...America, huh?" he sighed, stretching out on my bed. I looked up from my suitcase and glanced at him with a small smile.

"Yep," I nodded, grabbing a couple of pairs of jeans and tossing them into the luggage. My second suitcase was nearly filled up, meaning that I was almost done packing. I don't have many clothes but that's okay. I don't really need much.

"I'm gonna miss you and your crazy curly hair!" Gio exclaimed, ruffling my dark brown hair with his fingers.

I giggled and swatted his pale hand away from me. "Stop! You're gonna mess it up!"

"Is that even possible?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I think my hair is cute," I pouted, grabbing my tea cup and taking a sip. As the taste filled my mouth, I frowned my nose up. Ew! "Did you put milk in here?"

"Uh no...I don't know how you like your tea," Gio rolled his eyes before turning on my tv and putting on a random movie. How dare he!

I stared at him with wide eyes. "Dude...I know how you like your tea!"

He removed his eyes from the television and looked at me. "Congrats. Would you like a cookie?"

Another pout formed on my face as I heard his sarcastic remark. "You're so mean to me," I whined, standing up. I marched downstairs to the kitchen, where Mama stood, making a pot of macaroni and cheese.

"Mama, did you let Gio mess up my tea?" I frowned, grabbing the milk from the fridge.

"He said he would take care of it," she shrugged.

"What a story-teller," I mumbled, beginning to make my tea how I like it. Once I was finished, I jogged back up the stairs and into my bedroom, making sure to shut the door. I took a sip of the tea as I sat down on the opposite side of my bed from Gio. I glanced at the television to see that he was now watching Celebrity Apprentice. "Ew, I hate that guy," I muttered when I saw Donald Trump's face pop up on the screen.

"Well good luck because he's about to be your new president, Mr. America," Gio burst into a fit of laughter.

"You think that's so funny, huh?"

"I think it's hilarious," he sighed, calming down a bit.

"You're such a...butthead!" I rolled my eyes.

"Why can't you just say 'asshole' like normal people?"

"Because I'm not normal people. I'm Luna," I smile, proudly. Gio obviously isn't impressed by my reply as he rolls his eyes for what has to be the fiftieth time today. I think he might have an eye problem. He should get that checked out. "Hey, Gio, have you ever thought about getting your eye twitch checked out?"

He raised an eyebrow at me. "Have you ever thought about getting your brain checked out?"

"How rude!" I frowned. "I'll have you know, I was an honor student back in high school."