Chapter 27

Adrian

"Have you been taking your medicine?" The doctor asks

"Have you been taking your medicine?" The doctor asks. Luna's eyes travel around the room as he gently nibbles on his bottom lip.

"No, he hasn't," I cut in, ignoring Luna's groans and eye rolls. "I've tried to make him take it."

"What? Luna, you've gone the past three weeks without taking your medicine?"

"Pills are scary," Luna pouts. "What if it get stuck in my throat? The only thing I like to choke on is d–"

"Anyway!" The doctor cuts him off and clears his throat. "I can prescribe you liquid medicine to take instead, but you need to take it."

"Aye, aye, captain!" Luna shoots him a bright smile and salutes. With a chuckle, the doctor scribbles something down on his clipboard. "Can I start using screens now?"

"How has your head been feeling?"

"I had a few headaches the first week but now I feel fine."

"Then sure, you can start using screens again."

Excitedly, Luna turns his attention towards me. "Babe, can we go to a VR lounge? Please?"

Before I can respond, the doctor cuts in. "Start with minimal use of screens, Luna. I don't think virtual reality is a good idea right now."

Luna cocks his head to the side and squints at the man. "Is it your goal to ruin my life?"

"It's one of my goals," he hands Luna a slip of paper with his new prescription. "I'll see you next week, Mr. Petít."

"Bye, Mr. Doctor Man," Luna waves and hops off of the bed. I follow him out of the doctor's office with a shake of my head. We head down to the parking lot and get into the car, making small conversations as we head home. Almost immediately, Luna makes his way upstairs while I grab my sketchbook and head towards the couch. I spend the next couple of hours drawing whatever comes to my mind. I scribble down multiple sketches of flowers, landscapes, and even random people. Midway through my drawing session, Riot comes over to me and curls into my side. I grab his small body and lift him up.

"Hi, baby," I mumble, softly kissing his head. I release him, allowing him to settle back into his spot, before going back to my drawing. Eventually, I decide to do a quick sketch of Riot, making sure to include details of his light blue collar and fluffy tan fur. "You're getting so big, bub..."  I smile and rub his belly as my phone vibrates. After checking the screen, I roll my eyes when I realize who it is from.

 After checking the screen, I roll my eyes when I realize who it is from