Chapter 23

**TW: Drugs**

Luna

"Don't you get tired of this, babe?" I frown, looking down at the papers in front of me

"Don't you get tired of this, babe?" I frown, looking down at the papers in front of me. Adrian glances up from his computer with a smile.

"Come here," he motions me towards him. I scoot my chair over to his side of the desk, placing myself next to him. "Of course I get tired of it but I know–"

"If you're about to give an inspirational speech like you're a superhero, please spare me," I give him a blank stare.

"Fine then," he rolls his eyes. I look at his computer where a travel website is pulled up.

"Ooh! Where are you trying to go?" I ask, placing my feet in his lap.

"I was thinking that maybe we should go on a trip for our anniversary. A full vacation. Just me and you," he grins.

I peck his lips with a giggle. "Sounds lovely. Where are we going?"

"I was thinking somewhere tropical but it's up to you."

"Ooh! Can we go to Maldives? Or Bali? Or Seychelles?"

"Let's go to all three."

"All three?!" I exclaim, my eyes widening.

"Let's start in Bali, then go to Maldives, then to Seychelles."

"Babe, are you sure?"

"Yeah! It's our first anniversary together. Let's make it special."

"I'm excited!" I let out another giggle. Adrian smiles at me, gently massaging my feet. "Are you gonna massage my feet for the whole trip, too?"

"If you want me to," he shrugs. "I have no problem with that."

"I was kidding, Sweetheart, but thank you," I remove my feet and place my body on his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Don't you ever get more work done in here?"

"I do but you're distracting me so I can't right now."

"Well, when you said you were working from home, I thought you wanted to spend some extra time with me."

"I was just too tired to go into the office," he chuckles, placing his hand on my hip, rubbing soft circles on the skin with his thumb. "But spending the day with you is great, too."

"Mhm," I smirk as we hear the doorbell ring. "I'll go get that!" I exit the office and head down the hallway, toward the door. I swing it open to reveal Dakota. "Hi, Dakota."