#16

HYEJIN POV:

I walked behind Jungkook, literally about a meter away from him. I couldn't afford myself to look at his face. It was full of scars. All because of me.

I didn't even get to sleep last night after hearing soft groan from Jungkook in the bathroom when cleaning the wound. He was hurting. All because of me.

When he entered the car, I went to the backseat. Not being able to sit beside him cause I was feeling guilty. Very.

And when he asked, I just kept silent. I didn't want to burden him more. I've been burdening him so much.

The ride was silent. It wasn't a normal silent. It was a dead silent. Thoughts were running in my head about anything that happened to Jungkook the night before. It was all because of me.

"It's my fault.." I muttered slowly. "I'm sorry. It's all my fault."

I sighed as tears escaped my eyes. "Jungkook, I'm sorry."

Then the car stopped. "Get out." Jungkook said. I was bewildered by it. "I said get out." He repeated it.

I opened the car door and walked out. Standing beside the car as I saw Jungkook got off from the car, walking towards me.

When he was already in front of me, he stared at me straight into my soul that made my dropped my gazed to the ground.

"Look at me." I fluttered my eyes to meet his.

"You see the scars on my face?" I nodded.

"Verbal answer." He demanded.

"Y-yes." I gulped.

"Because of who?" I closed my eyes.

"M-me." I heard him chuckled.

"So, what do you think you should do?"

"I.. I don't.. I don't-"

"You should take care of yourself more." He said after pulling me towards him. He tucked a strained of my hair behind my ear. "I couldn't always be there for you."

He leaned closer to whisper in my ear.

"Take care of yourself for me."

~~~~~

JUNGKOOK POV:

"Jungkook." I hummed. "I'm.. I'm very...sorry."

"Hmm."

"Are you mad?"

I sighed. "If you keep on saying sorry, then I'll be beyond mad. Got it?"

"Oh, I'm sor-" She covered her mouth when I hissed at her. She looked at me, worrying that I would be mad. Instead, I kept on driving without saying anything.

"We're gonna stay at my hyung place for awhile. I need a little rest from this job. Also, I would surely you'll ask me lots after you get there so all I want to say is, you are nothing to know anything about me."

"I'm..nothing?"

"Hmm. Nothing."

She nodded and hung her head low. Fidgeting with the hem of her shirt. I knew my words were harsh but that was my point. She shouldn't be anything to me in the first place.

If not, she would mess up my job. Or should I say, my heart.

"Can you at least tell me what happened last night?"