One: Calysta

CALYSTA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The wind whipped Calysta's long hair across her face as she made her way through the bustling crowd at King's Cross station in London. She wiped it away once again. Calysta was done being impatient with the wind, for she knew she couldn't stop nature. Or could she? This gave her an idea. Calysta dug in her back pocket and pulled out her wand. Her wand was about 10 inches; hewn from a hawthorn tree. Inside it was a dragon heart string.

"Immobulus." She mumbled into her wand. Her head felt icy cold for a moment, then returned to normal. Her locks rested past her shoulders, unaffected by the breeze.

"Not around the No-Majes, please, Calysta." Leena scolded her daughter through clenched teeth. Leena glanced around the station through her mirrored sunglasses; the No-Majes went about their business.

"Remember what Professor Dumbledore said, dear? You find the wall between platforms nine and ten, and-"

"-walk through it. Platform nine and three-quarters." Calysta repeated for the umpteenth time.

"Are you sure you don't want me to accompany you through?"

"I'll be alright, momma," Calysta nodded once. Her mother smiled and kissed her daughter's cheek.

"Goodbye, sweetheart! You'll do wonderfully! Make sure to write," Leena waved as she began to depart.

"I will! Make sure to go to the right office," Calysta smirked at her mother, who shook her head once and strutted back the way they came. Calysta looked down at her ticket for a moment, reading it over. The golden border held her reflection in it. Out of the corner of her eye, Calysta swore she saw two or three boys jump through a wall. 'That must be it!' She thought. She pulled her luggage behind her. The cart bumped over a stone and her owl Alimer fluttered impatiently. "Sorry!" She whispered to her owl.

"That's a nice lookin' owl you got there," A low voice said close to her. Calysta jumped, turning quick on her heels. In the process her shoulder connected with a tall figure.

"Oh, Merlin! I'm so sorry!" Calysta rushed to apologize. The boy she bumped into laughed and his eyes lowered to meet hers. The boy was very handsome; dark hair framed his face and eyes the color of liquid silver held her gaze in such a way that could have made her blush right then and there. A certain glint in those perfectly bright eyes made him seem outright like he was up to no good. His hand gave her a lazy wave, a smirk playing on his face.

"It's not a big deal. Shouldn't have stood so close." He glanced downwards. "Hogwarts, eh?" He suddenly changed the subject. Calysta was about to ask how he knew, but the boy was already speaking again.

"I go there. I've never seen you before. Are you a transfer? Do you need help?"

"Why do you ask so many questions?" Calysta asked good-heartedly. The boy laughed again.

"Just getting to know ya'," He held out his hand. "Name's Sirius. Sirius Black."

"Calysta Daelynn." Calysta took his hand. Sirius held her hand a little tighter, leaned over, and kissed the back of it softly. Calysta blinked dumbly. Sirius straightened again, throwing her a wink.

"Sirius!" A voice called. Calysta blinked again to focus herself; she didn't see the source of the voice but this Sirius boy must have, for he grinned at the person behind her.

"Gotta go. Catchya later, Cal." He sent a dashing smile her way and skipped into the crowd. Calysta stared after him a moment. Shaking her head, she jogged through the brick wall leading to her platform. Her sight went black, but was overwhelmed again by the sight of hundreds of witches and wizards. Kids playing, sword fighting with their wands, parents scolding for said sword fighting. Older students joined their friends. Calysta realized how much she missed her friends in America.