Twenty-Five: Corra

CORRA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure this will work, Snape?" Corra eyed the bottle suspiciously. Her hand reached out to touch it, but the long-haired boy retracted his hand quickly back into his chest.

"Positive. All I need is for Amerus to slip it into Potter's drink at the party-"

"How do you know he's going to be at the party, Severus?" Amerus cut off the boy with an unbelieving stare. Severus rolled his eyes.

"Their dumb friend Daelynn is my table partner. They talk to each other the whole class. Besides, the whole lot of upperclass students are coming." Snape explained, looking irritated by the thought.

"Run me through what it does exactly." Amerus studied the small potion in Snape's hand. It was clear and smelled strongly of something sweet. It made him dizzy.

"Don't get too close," Severus warned before continuing. "It's poison. It will keep someone alive, but not consious. But they'll need to treat it before it kills them completely."

"Why do you need it?" Corra scoffed. Snape gave her a look.

"For the revenge Amerus and I agreed on at the start of the year," He said obviously. Right. How could she have forgotten? Her brother was in on it too. Snape figured they would have talked.

"There's one flaw in your plan, Severus," Amerus hinted. Snape looked at him expectantly. "How are you going to get this in Potter's drink? You just can't hand it to him." Snape squeezed his eyes shut, rubbing his eyelids.

"We'll think of something." He grumbled through clenched teeth, following the Gryffindor girl as she walked past with a bag of make-up. Corra rolled her eyes as she found what Snape was glaring at. "I can't believe Lily is friends with a girl like her. Parading around with Potter and his goons." Snape said to no one in particular. Corra pouted; she'd fancied him since her first year and he never paid her any mind. He should be with a pureblood such as herself, with a brilliantly evil mind like his, not some goodie-two-shoes Mudblood.

"Doesn't her mother work for the Ministry?" Amerus recalled his father mailing him of Ministry information sometimes. Snape shrugged. Corra tapped her chin in thought.

"I wouldn't know. Why, did your father say something about it?" She asked. Amerus pointed at her. He'd remembered now.

"Ah, yes. Her mother is head of Department of Foreign Magic and Exchanges." Amerus had seen the woman on the front page of the Daily Prophet. She just looked nothing like her daughter. "She's known for being quite ruthless on the court back in America," Corra's and Snape's eyes widened slightly.

"I didn't realize she was so important." Snape looked down the hallway again. Calysta stopped to talk with some Hufflepuff from Slug Club. Suddenly he snapped his fingers. "New idea. We'll put it on her lipstick." Severus ordered. He drew his wand and pointed it at Daelynn. Amerus and Corra looked over their shoulders at the girl. She gasped as her bag spilled, a black lipstick container rolling towards them. The poison bottle was yanked from Severus' hands. Corra crouched down for the lipstick immediately, splashing Severus' potion all over it.

"Wait, Corra--" Snape snapped in a whisper, but quickly clenched his jaw shut. Corra ignored him, playing it off flawlessly. She then turned her back to the Gryffindor girl with the important mother and grabbed the lid of the black lipstick, placing it back on. The Daelynn girl approached them cautiously.

"I'm not going to bite, Gryffindor." The sweet smell entered her nostrils, making her face shudder. Corra held out the lipstick to the girl between two fingers. Daelynn glanced at her face before taking it from her. "Between us girls? That color is so gorgeous. I believe it could make anyone drop dead,"