Five: Calysta

CALYSTA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Calysta listened to the four boys in her compartment bicker back and forth with each other. They talked about who will win the next Quidditch World Cup. James and Sirius had both attended the event four years in a row, making summer money off bets. Remus had only been once and had an unsatisfactory time, and Peter never had gone. Calysta had been twice.

"The Irish will win, of course!" Sirius cheered.

"No way! Their best Chaser quit the team! They don't stand a chance against the Russians," James argued.

"Take a look at Argentina, though! Their Seeker is one of the best in the world-"

"They wish! The Irish have the best Seeker!" Sirius cut Remus off, earning himself a scowl. Ignoring this, James and Sirius turned on Peter.

"Tell this idiot that the Irish will win this year." Sirius demanded, growing irritated. Peter raised his hands in defense.

"I don't know! I have no clue what the teams are. The only Quidditch I'm worried about this year is at Hogwarts." He mumbled. James made an exaggerated sound in his throat. Calysta figured she could bite.

"The French have a new Seeker, and Beaters. Really strong Beaters, I might add. And if you look here," she gestured to the open Quidditch magazine James and Sirius held between them, "you'd see the Seeker is the smallest on the team. Makes her perfect to not catch wind like that huge Irish guy." She finished, dragging her finger across the pages to compare the sizes of the Seekers. James and Sirius were thrown into silence, thinking this through.

"I never noticed that." James admitted first. Sirius wore a frown.

"But he could push through the opposite team's player." He weighed in. Calysta shook her head, now fully dragged into the conversation.

"That will get him a penalty and his size makes him an easier target for Beaters. He could get hit so much easier! Plus, why would the Seeker want to get hit when he has the most important job?" Calysta crossed her arms and lifted her chin in a challenge. Again, James agreed. Sirius grabbed his hair, thinking of something to say back. After a moment, he groaned.

"Fine. The French are great." Sirius crossed his arms, pouting and looking down at his legs. Calysta giggled at his childishness.

"Aw, poor Sirius." Calysta mocked a baby voice and laid her head on his shoulder, looking up at him with puppy-dog eyes.

"Shut up..." Sirius whined. Calysta faked a gasp and trailed her finger down her cheek like a tear.

"You big baby." Calysta couldn't help but break into laughter, sliding across the seat to her spot when he glared at her. Remus was having a very good jeer at Sirius' expression. Sirius took in a sharp breath and let it out just as sharply.

"You're mean." Sirius said.

"I am not!" Calysta kicked Sirius' foot, her necklace clinking because of the motion. Sirius rolled his eyes, starting a new conversation. Calysta played with her earrings, simply listening about the kind of pranks they wanted to pull this year.

"What about we change the Slytherin dorm colors to red and gold?" James exclaimed, barely keeping himself from jumping off the seat.

"Or the helius spell we made up. I've been waiting to do that."

"Or I could use my Animagi form!" Calysta suggested, talking to James, Peter, and Sirius. Not Remus because...well, you know. They all stared blankly at her. "What?" She looked between her four new friends.