Eighteen: Sirius

SIRIUS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let the party commence!" Sirius turned the knob of the radio so music flooded the whole room with a beat that just made people want to dance. Something by the Three Twisted Witches. It was a repeat of the Saturday night of the first party. James was at his mate's side near a table crowded by butterbeer bottles, having yet to be opened.

"Fancy a drink?" Sirius bobbed his head to the beat as he approached the Marauders with five butterbeers in hand. He was still getting used to calling Calysta a Marauder. The girl was a nice addition to the group, he had to admit. Calysta took three bottles from his hands and passed two to James and Remus.

"Let's not have a repeat of last time okay? Peter didn't even make it back to the dorms." Remus pleaded. James and Sirius roared with laughter.

"I'd like you to try and stop us." James shot back. Remus faced Calysta.

"Calysta will keep you in track," Remus popped the cap off, "Won't you, Cal?" He seemed proud of his choice to have Calysta help him. To their surprise, Calysta smiled wickedly.

"I don't know, Moony. I'm in a party mood, ya know?" Her bottle of butterbeer was lifted to her lips. Sirius and James made a face at Remus. Remus huffed out a breath, glaring half-heartedly at Cal.

"Just-- some one please help me to the dorms this time?" Peter sighed. He set his bottle on the table. James nodded.

"Yeah, we'll make sure," He assured. Peter made a slight "phew" and nodded, pleased. Calysta glanced over James' shoulder.

"I'm going to talk with the girls for a bit, alright? And yes, I'll put in a good word for you, James. It's not like I won't!" Cal winked at James and slipped into the crowd of Gryffindor's. James sighed in relief. Sirius clapped his best friend on the back.

"Trust Calysta. She's the key to making Lily fall for you." Sirius looked after Calysta's retreating figure. James leaned over to speak into Sirius' ear.

"Are you going to ask Calysta to Hogsmeade next weekend?" He asked curiously. Sirius grinned and gave his head a small shake.

"I won't have to. She'll be with us anyways." James rolled his eyes at him.

"I meant not with us. Just the two of you." He stared at Sirius expectantly. Sirius returned the eye roll.

"I don't think so. I doubt she would say yes. We're just friends." He sighed. Behind the two, Remus groaned. Sirius looked at him weirdly.

"You didn't see what I saw at the game today." Remus said, coming closer to the two. Sirius waited for Remus to explain. "She blushed really red when you hugged her." James waved his hands in his friends' faces.

"Are you tellin' me that Sirius hugged Calysta?" He asked excitedly. Sirius shrugged. James grasped Sirius' shoulders tightly.

"How did it happen?" Sometimes James was as bad of a gossip as most of the girls they knew.

"I don't really know. Gryffindor caught the Snitch and then Calysta threw her arms around me and screamed. I just kinda returned it..." Sirius trailed, noticing the reactions of Remus and James. They smirked and laughed at the same time. Peter wolf-whistled. "Ugh, you guys are awful."

"What did I miss?" Calysta appeared again at Remus' side. The four boys jumped.

"N-nothing. Nothing at all." Sirius stuttered. Calysta raised an eyebrow at the group.

"Mhm, okay. Well I'm just going to get more drinks then." Cal pointed over her shoulder towards the table with butterbeer. She skipped away again. Sirius' friends waited until she was out of earshot until they spoke again.