Twenty-Nine: Peter

PETER

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"SLYTHERIN WINS!" The announcer cheered enthusiastically. The echo was barely heard from the freezing rain that pounded the stands. Calysta was huddled into Sirius' side under his leather jacket he always wore. Calysta and Sirius immediately jumped to their feet and threw their hands in the air in protest, not caring about the jacket that fell from their bodies. Remus threw his Gryffindor banner and Peter boo'd very loud.

"Thank goodness," Lily released a breath she had clearly been holding for a while. She hugged her coat tighter around her and left the stands. Calysta and Sirius had one arm around each other as they waved on James despite the loss.

"Come on! Let's go find him." Calysta beckoned the three other Marauders after her. She turned around, expecting to find Lily. She opened her mouth to say something, but Peter spoke before her.

"She left after they said Slytherin won." Peter said with a shrug. Calysta registered the information.

"They cheated!" She cried. "Poor James. He was so excited." She started down the stairs. Sirius walked after her hurriedly. Remus and Peter followed shortly behind. Peter was the first to find James. He was under the shoulders of two other members of the team as they comforted him, his hair sticking to his face by the rain. His glasses fell from his face, Calysta launched forward; she nearly missed. The glasses ringed around the tip of her finger as she snatched them out of the air.

"Alright, alright! I can't see." James patted his teammates' shoulders, signalling for them to go inside. "Nice catch, Cal. You'd make a fair Seeker." He suggested, shaking out his hair. The rain quickly plastered it to his face again. Calysta held out a hand to cover her face from the rain. She laughed, placing the glasses on his face.

"Don't make me laugh. I'd be terrible at Quidditch." She shook her head as James peeled his uniform and gear from his body, leaving a grey sweater.

"You already did laugh." James pointed out. Calysta rolled her eyes, looking up at the sky. She shivered.

"I'm sorry about how the game ended. You played hard. But it's freezing. We should go inside." She complained. Sirius chuckled, throwing an arm around Calysta and pulling her into him, kissing her. She stumbled over her foot, but Sirius steadied her. James stuck his tongue out and made a whining sound in his throat.

"Yuck." He grumbled.

"Oh please, Prongs, you've seen me kiss other girls before-" Sirius sucked in a breath, staring straight ahead now. Calysta raised an eyebrow at him. "Hehe, I mean, that was- that was years ago. Yeah, years." He laughed nervously. Calysta shook her head, her expression returning to its original amused smile.

"So have I," she shrugged, then turned to James. "Great game today, James." She patted him on the back. James smiled sarcastically.

"I feel bloody horrible about it. Wait, where's Lily?"

"She left." Peter told him, trying to be delicate.

"I blew it." He moaned, pulling off his glasses once they were inside. He wiped them off using Remus' dry shirt. Remus gave him a look, but James ignored it.

"Good match, Potter." A shy voice called as they walked past. The Marauders turned around in sync. James smiled slightly when he saw Lily push herself from the wall and approach them. Peter recalled the bet; and maybe Lily changed her mind?

"Thank you, lovely Evans." James winked. Lily's face remained straight. "Come to ask me on a date?" He teased, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Why would I? You didn't make it." She said. James' smirk faded.