Seventeen: Remus

REMUS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How was the Slug Club meeting?" Remus asked the two girls as they entered the common room. They looked irritated. Calysta glared at him past her curled hair. She stood straight and feigned a cheery smile.

"It was wonderful! So fun and not filled with judgmental creeps like Amerus Avery and Sever--al others..." She was going to say Severus, but changed it, for a certain red-head made a warning sound in her throat. "Sorry." Calysta scratched her arm in an awkward fashion. Lily ignored the four boys on the couch as she took out her ponytail. James' eyes clung to her movements with a dreamy expression.

"It was somewhat fun. That Leah girl from Hufflepuff seemed to recognize you," Lily said. The Marauder boys looked at Calysta, awaiting an explanation.

"She took my bags on the first day. Prefect and a year above us, if I remember correctly." Calysta recalled. Lily scoffed behind Calysta.

"James, stop drooling. It's not attractive." She drawled. James' eyes widened.

"I'm not drooling!" He sputtered, touching his fingers to his mouth to check anyway. Remus and Sirius snickered at him on either side. Calysta stifled a laugh. Turning to Lily, she brought her into a hug. Lily laughed.

"I'm glad I had you there, Cal. Those looks weren't friendly ones."

"Are you kidding?" Calysta laughed. "It seemed to me like you were Slughorn's favorite!" Lily rolled her eyes.

"That's why they weren't friendly," Lily grinned. "I'm beat. I'll see you in the morning." A yawn finished Lily's statement. Calysta smiled.

"Goodnight, Lil." She spoke quietly. Lily waved and made her way up the stairs to the girls' side of the dorms. Once the door closed, Calysta faced the boys.

"Why are you still up? It's midnight." She pointed to the clock. Remus followed her fingers. He shrugged when he saw the time. It must have escaped his mind.

"We were waiting up for you." Sirius answered. Calysta rolled her eyes.

"I see that. But why were you waiting up?"

"We have something else to show you," Peter hinted. Calysta stopped in her tracks and she eyed them strangely.

"What kind of something?" They had her interest. They lifted themselves from the couch and approached Calysta. Her eyes darted between all of them. James lifted his hands; a familiar cloak dangled in his arms. He held it up in front of him and waved it in the air. Calysta studied the antique cloak with a suspicious eye.

"A cloak?" She rubbed the material in her fingers; it was silky and smooth. Sirius chuckled.

"You have to put it on," Sirius snatched the cloak from James and threw it around himself. His body disappeared, leaving only his head. Calysta let out a yelp, covering her mouth. Remus wanted to laugh at her reaction; it was the same as his when he first saw James put it on.

"First the map, now this! You guys are full of surprises." Calysta mumbled, stepping towards Sirius. She waved her hand around near Sirius' body for the cloak. She grabbed it and held it up. The cloak turned visible again. Now it just looked like Sirius had a blanket over his shoulders. He smiled and grabbed Calysta's arm, pulling her into him. She gasped loudly in complaint. The cloak covered both of them now and the only sign of them was the sound of a struggle.

"Sirius! What the-" Calysta's voice radiated from under the cloak.

"We're invisible, Cal. Look in the mirror." Sirius' voice laughed. The shuffling died down and it was silent. Remus stifled laughter as Calysta groaned.