Twenty-Seven: Lily

LILY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Since when did you like Charles Easton?" Lily asked, unbelieving, to Skylar in Charms. Skylar smiled and closed one eye, embarrassed.

"Since fourth year. I didn't want anyone to know." She admitted after completing an incantation.

"Not even a close friend?" Marlene pouted her bottom lip out at her friend. Skylar smiled and shrugged.

"He wasn't exactly cute then. You would have thought I was crazy." She explained quietly. Lily shoved her lightly and Marlene gasped.

"We would not have!" Marlene argued. Skylar shrugged again, now concentrating on her silent levitation spell. Lily shook her head and tried her spell too. The quill lifted from the table easily, floating higher and higher in the air. Lily broke eye contact with the quill and it fell with a clank onto the table. The bell tolled, signalling lunch. Students' quills simultaneously dropped on the table and they all shuffled out in a hurry. Lily, Skylar, and Marlene waited until most of the students were out the door before joining everyone in the halls.

"Are you eating with him today?" Lily  asked as they were out the door. Skylar nodded.

"I'll sit with you tomorrow," She promised. Lily waved her hands.

"Sit with him as much as you like!" Lily smiled. "I sit with Calysta anyways." Skylar furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Doesn't she hang out with Potter, though?"

"I just ignore them," Lily explained. "If I can." She added. Skylar giggled.

"Are they that bad?"

"Actually no, but their manners are awful and Potter likes to flirt a lot." Lily rolled her eyes, shifting her bag onto her other shoulder.

"You're leaving me by myself?" Marlene cried.

"Come sit with me, then." Skylar linked her arm with Marlene's. This made Marlene happy enough, and she accepted.

"Lily?" A small voice sounded near them. Lily turned her head to the left, seeing Sev approach her from another class. She sucked in a breath, waving for Skylar and Marlene to keep going. Lily figured Sev didn't want either of them sticking around.

"Yes?" Lily gave him a small smile. He didn't return it.

"Can I talk to you?" He grabbed her arm and drug her into an empty hallway without Lily's reply. She stared at him expectantly when they stopped behind a pillar.

"What is this about, Sev?" Lily whispered, becoming worried as to why he was acting like this. He rubbed his hands together nervously.

"I don't want you to hate me, Lily." He sighed, running a hand through his hair roughly. Lily squinted her eyes at him, waiting for an explanation.

"Go on, Sev. I won't hate you." Lily assured. Severus made a whining sound in his throat, gripping his hair tighter.

"I made the poison to give to Calysta and Sirius." He let out quickly. Lily gasped.

"Why?" She demanded, stiffening throughout her entire body.

"I wanted revenge on all the things they did to me," He admitted. Lily shook her head, sneering with disgust. She turned away, running out of the hall and feeling distressed. She heard Sev call after her, but she ignored him. She didn't realize how desperate he was to get revenge on his bullies. Sure, Potter's and his friends' actions were uncalled for, but poisoning them was not the way to solve the problem.