Chapter 11-All guns blazing (Part 2)

"Nothing." I said, my face full of innocence. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Sanna and Rob trying hard not to laugh.

"Oh, Miss!" He said as I wanted to leave. I spun back to face him in a painfully slow motion, plastering a sweet smile on my face. "Yes?" I said, nervously fiddling with the fabric of my shirt.

"I prefer if you would be so kind and try not stare at me as I was some kind of circus attraction." His stony look penetrated me and my face burned with embarrassment. I willed the earth to open and swallow me whole.

"Come on, Kellan doesn't have the whole day reserved just for you." Daniel said, putting his hand on my shoulders. I just stood there, perplexed, completely at a loss for words. I let Daniel lead me away from the table, my mind on autopilot.

"Well, that was embarrassing." He laughed "I believe you owe me a thank you."

"Thank you." I released a breath I even didn't know I was holding.

"Get yourself together Korina. Don't mind him, it is his usual attitude. But next time I would avoid calling him cranky in his face." Said Traxx who was walking next to us. His head fell back as he laughed loudly "Legendary."

"Perfect." I murmured with a gloomy expression on my face.

*

We stepped into a different room that we usually trained in. It was a vast space, clearly meant for shows, with bleachers positioned on both sides of the room. Horror was written all over my face the minute I saw I will have an audience. "What is this?" I pointed at warriors sitting at the side of the room, pumped and filled with adrenaline.

"They all want to see your progress." He shrugged.

"You are joking right?" I turned to him, shocked. "They are about to witness my ass whipping! I am never going to live it down! Look at Kellan, he knows it!" I felt like I am going to run right this minute when I saw his grinning face, his finger urging me forward.

"Korina." Said Daniel, his hands on my shoulders "Just remember all I've thought you so far. And remember to never lose concentration." He tapped my shoulder, pushing me forward.

The room cheered as I stepped closer to Kellan. I was unsure what to do, nervously looking around at the faces surrounding me.

"Watch out!" Maximillian shouted to the crowd. He nodded at me, smiling encouragingly. The massive metal cage slowly lowered upon us, trapping us in, keeping the spectators out.

"What is this?" I asked Daniel, my nerves tingling in my body.

"Protection. So you can't hurt the audience, there are also wards placed on it, therefore no magic can leak trough." He explained.

"All right, all right!" He yelled, putting his hands in the air, calming down the anxious crowd. I felt like a deer caught in the headlights.

"It's your turn now." He nodded at me and turned away to leave. "Daniel!" I called after him, wishing he could stay with me.

He turned to look at me "I am going to lose!" I said, licking my dry lips.

"We will see about that." He smiled and locked the cage behind him. The crowd roared in anticipation. "Good luck!" He lifted his thumbs up, signaling we were ready.

I glanced at the crowd which was getting bigger every minute, people seeping through the doors. They roared when Kellan positioned himself in the middle of the room, gracefully bowing like this whole situation was nothing but a big joke.