Chapter 23 - Chaos (Part 3)

"How could you?" I sobbed "I expected this from Liam, but never from you!"

"You are so naïve!" He laughed at me "I can't believe how easily I've fooled everyone."

I was so shocked, just staring at him with despair rooted deep in my heart. "Why, Kellan?" I whispered.

"I had my own reasons." He shrugged.

"Was it you who hurt Yannik?" I sobbed, feeling the rage building inside of me.

"Brilliant don't you agree? He didn't see it coming. He trusted me, so I stabbed him in the back, quite literally." He snickered viciously, feeling awfully proud of himself.

"I will hunt you down and I will make you pay for the day you laid your hands on my friends!" I yelled loudly.

"So dramatic!" He looked at Laurel, his expression amused.

"Tell me Kellan. Was it worth it? Killing Sam and Lex? Did you get what you wished for?"

"I did that bitch a favor!" He spat at me, his face close to mine "Endless whining over our dearest, precious Daniel! No more! She is free now, don't you see?"

Without a doubt, he believed what he was saying "You are insane!" I watched him, horrified.

"You would be too if you were to walk in my shoes."

"So it was you who framed us all along, not Liam?" My eyes flickered to Yannik, hoping that those two maniacs forgot about him.

"I let the Skinwalkers in, imitating Liam's appearance. That's why they accused the poor bastard."

My eyes widened as I suddenly realized what has he done "You detonated the caves, didn't you?"

His face grimaced with disgust "I wasn't counting on the fact that Maximillian will let you go on a mission. I informed Laurel of your departure to Baar, so we changed the plans. I detonated the caves, setting the timer on both bombs, so it appeared the demons placed them. That should've trapped us long enough for Laurel to reach us in time." He ground his teeth in frustration "But the lizard here." He pointed to Yannik "Just had to destroy everything. He found out where Laurel was hiding, giving him no choice but to run."

I just stared at him, completely astounded at how his personality had changed. "Liam hated you, didn't he?"

"He was weak and frightened, easy for me to manipulate. I only had to threaten him to massacre the ones he cared for, his family." He grinned at the memory "He was obedient enough until he started to rebel. So I did what I had to. I butchered his loved ones, punishing him. The bastard went completely insane after that and his hatred towards me became dangerous. I was afraid he would give me away, so I had to slay him. Today was the perfect opportunity."

"Oh, God." I covered my mouth in horror "How could you? Maximillian gave you everything!"

"Gave me? He took away one thing I loved the most!" He roared to my face, his veins popping out on his neck.

"What are you talking about?"

"He murdered my other half! Can you blame me for the hatred?" He said in disbelief.

"You took it out on everyone Kellan! On innocent people! Your friends!"

"She was innocent too! And those so-called friends stood by and watched her die! Calling for my help! But I couldn't save her as those bastards held me to the ground!" Tears spilled from his eyes, staining his shirt. "She was a mage, but her human part was dominant. She was infested after demons attacked her, biting her all over her body. So Maximillian slaughtered her without a second thought!"