Chapter 13 - Keep on smiling

"I don't think I can eat." Ria complained loudly, grimacing at the food before us.

"Well, you are lucky it's weekend, otherwise you would be dead. I don't know how you would train in this state." I shook my head at her disheveled appearance. She looked like a walking dead, with dark circles under her eyes. "Here." I gave her a bottle of water.

"Thanks. By the way, what happened yesterday? I remembered you looked pissed." She asked me, looking at my face with curiosity.

"Yannik happened." I clenched my jaw as I thought about him and his attitude.

"Oh. No need to ask further I imagine." She smiled. "Are you sure you want to sit with Sanna today, considering he is right there?" She nodded towards him.

"And give him the satisfaction? Unlikely." I gave her a bitter laugh. "Let's go." I said, heading directly towards their table, I sat right next to him, with a smug grin on my face. He almost choked on his bread, his eyes wide as he saw me.

"Korina!" Sanna smiled, but her smile faded when she saw Ria "Suits you right!" She mocked her sickly state.

"Shut up!" Ria waved her away, glancing at an equally horrible looking Rob.

"I think I would crawl on all fours if I'd drank half of that tequila bottle." I laughed at them, shaking my head.

"Oh God, no wonder she had to carry you home." Sanna looked horrified.

"Ignoring that, what are you doing today?" Landon asked looking at us.

"Going straight to bed." Ria groaned.

"I am going to the gym." I said "Anyone else cares to join me?" I looked around, purposefully avoiding Yannik's eyes.

"I am." I heard a deep sound on my right, cursing myself for even asking. I jerked my head to him, barking with laughter.

"Is that supposed to be a joke?" I asked him, dumbfounded.

"No." He wrapped up his uneaten breakfast, standing up.

His eyes were dead serious, so he couldn't be joking. If that was a joke, he really had the worst sense of humor.

"All right." I drawled, casting an unconvinced look at him. "Let's go then."

I was still chewing on my sandwich as we walked in awkward silence and I wished with all of my heart that we would already be there. I almost died of joy when we finally entered the gym. Going straight for the running track, I fastened the weight belts. I hoped he would go elsewhere, leaving me to exercise in peace. I guess this was my unlucky day.

"Why are you here with me?" I asked in suspicion as he followed me.

"I am merely exercising." He looked at me, his expression confused. He sighed then, putting the belts down. "All right, I am lying." He admitted.

"I figured that much." I nodded, already expecting what he was about to say to me, preparing for another onslaught of insults.

"I must apologize, for what I've said yesterday evening. I was wrong. I only had information about your DNA and basic data, like location of your college, home address, your parents' shop and a few old pictures of you and your parents, that is all. I didn't even recognize you when I came here, until the fight that is." He looked at me, frowning.

"That's probably because there is nothing to find about me. I had no social media profiles, nothing really. But putting that aside, why did you say those things to me?" I asked him, anger building inside of me.