Chapter 21 - Chaos

I stepped into the canteen, heading straight for the table where Yannik and others were sitting. He was busy staring at the screen, not even noticing I was standing behind him. He looked at me in astonishment as I tilted his head back, plastering a tender butterfly kiss on his lips. I noticed the whole canteen went quiet as they watched us in wonder, but I couldn't care less. I brushed my fingers across his shoulders, sitting down next to him. When I looked up at my friends, some of them were grinning and some of them were watching me with disbelief.

"When did that happen? And where was I?" Sanna's mouth was hanging wide open as her eyes flickered from me to Yannik.

"Sorry, maybe I wasn't supposed to do that?" I whispered to Yannik who still looked stunned.

"No, I just never thought-" He started, but then he smiled, entwining our fingers on the table "Go ahead."

"Yesterday, after the party." I turned back to Sanna, who was smiling brightly.

"Well, I am assuming that we are now entitled to a small bonus, boss? Since Korina is our dear friend and all." Rob grinned at him, rubbing his hands together.

His smile slowly faded as Yannik glared at him "No?" He whined with a high pitched voice. "What about a day off?" He hopefully glanced at Yannik "No?" He shook his head "Damn it! I had to try!" He shrugged, his face grimacing.

"Actually, I do have something for you." Yannik said with a slow smile.

"Sure. Anything!" Rob's chest puffed as he was certain he will get the special treatment.

"Storage room is a mess. There are files lying everywhere and I am baffled at how one can find anything in there. So dear Robert, you have the privilege to clean it up."

"You are kidding right?" He let out a disbelieving laugh, looking around the room, expecting someone to back him up.

"I am completely serious. And if anyone else has similar expectations as Robert here, he can join him immediately."

There was a deadly silence since everyone suddenly appeared very busy with their food.

"I thought so." Yannik nodded in approval.

I laughed out loud "Serves you right!" I said with the wicked expression "I really don't envy you right now."

"Really honey?" Said Yannik with a sweet, innocent voice. "I believe you are free this afternoon, so I will arrange that you will join Robert."

"Sweet!" Rob laughed next to me, smacking my back.

I turned my head slowly back to Yannik, my left eyelid twitching uncontrollably "You wouldn't dare."

He leaned in, kissing me on the cheek "No special treatment Korina." He smiled maliciously.

"But I am not even on your team!" I complained, watching him in disbelief.

"It's just data filling, you can handle it." He squeezed my hand.

"You are mean!" I crossed my hands over my chest, turning away from him. I knew I was behaving childishly, but I couldn't help myself. He was mean.

"How is that being mean?" He asked me, his expression dumbfound. His hand found mine again, sending electric sparks down my body.

"Just wait! I will get you for that." I scowled at him, sending him one of my dirtiest looks.

"Is that really what I see?" Ria and others stopped by our table, starring at our joined hands. "Well dear God! Finally!" She yelled, her eyes bright with excitement.