The Orphan Girl

The gym is the only place I can go to get away from this place so I get ready to go there. There are no orphans, and no bullies and normal rooms. Bonus.

I reach for my bag that is hidden in a cupboard behind my bed and stuff all of the things that I usually bring to the gym inside. The bag doesn't look like its going to explode at any minute so I head to the door.

I start walking down the stairs to the ground floor fantasising about what I wished life would be like if my parent hadn't have been murdered.

Walking down the stairs takes a lot of effort when your up as early as I am.

Using the elevator would make things a lot quicker to do but yet again, life is never going to go well for me.

All of the other orphans are either asleep and still in their rooms or downstairs already.

They don't have to get up early like me but they do. Who wants to wake up at the crack of dawn?

The stairs seem to become steeper and longer every time I take a step towards the bottom.

Step after step after step.

Passing all of the doors in the morning reminds me of a prank that I did a while ago. It was an extremely successful prank so I do it more often. It still gets the same amazing results.

I reach the next door and ask myself, 'do I really want to do this again because its getting quite old'. Heck yer!

The door is brown and well-kept so I'm pretty sure Harry lives in the room behind it. He's probably the nicest boy that comes here, its a shame he acts like the others when he's around them. he'd probably be my good friend like Sammy. But my life is still people's worst nightmares.

I grab my knife out of my pocket with my left hand and raise my right hand. I bring my free hand down on the door hard to wake whoever is inside.

A sharp scream erupts from behind the door as I stab the it with my knife making it slice through the wood.

The scream doesn't sound like it came from Harry. Weird.

I quickly pull the knife out of the hole and rush down to the main floor laughing at the top of my lungs.

The bottom of the stairs finally comes to view.

As I thought, all of the other orphans are down here but something doesn't seem normal. What ever normal is nowadays.

My eyes scan around the room and land on the culprit of the awkwardness. Peter is here.

Without hesitation, I begin walking to the door that separates the real world from us orphans.

I hope the person I pulled the prank on doesn't come down now and tell everyone what's happened because I would never be able to do the prank again.

But trusting my luck he does just as I reach the door.

It's Jack. Wait. What's was he doing in Harry's room.

Damn it.

"Guess who pulled the most overdone and childish prank on me?" he yells.

"It not it again is it?" Peter asks.

Oh yay. My beautiful nickname lives up to its expectations of making everyone laugh. Jerks. The whole lot of them.

I slowly turn around to face them, just to make it seem dramatic.

"Well??" they both say.

"Telepathic," I say gesturing to them both, "you learn something every day. Well at least I do. Don't know about you guys. And also, are you gay Jack?"

The other orphans are all watching us now. They seem mesmerised and confused every time I say something.

"What do you mean are you gay Jack? Why would he be gay? Why do you have to be so immature. Where do you think you going anyway. First you disrespect other people and now your leaving without telling anyone where your going. Please tell me your not asking for money on the street because even if you were I wouldn't be surprise." he says as the corners of his mouth slowly rise into a smirk.

I hear the people watching ooo and laugh at how embarrassed I must be feeling. But I'm not. I'm angry if anything and I'm going to show it.

"Firstly, the reason i asked Jack wether he was gay or not was because he was in Harry's room. And secondly, I thought you were to busy with you girlfriend to care about what I do and no matter what you say or how much you plead, I'm never going to ask for money, I have enough of it. I know how much you want it but I'm not like you. Sos boss." I challenge

That comment hits them all straight in the face. They were obviously not expecting it. Harry and Jack blush when i mentioned them. I feel quite sorry for Harry having to deal with all of the questioning stares. I receive a couple of oohs and go girls. A smirk creeps across my face at the silence that comes afterwards. I decide to break the silence with more sass.

"So why don't you go and join your girlfriend because she's gonna be missing you," I continue.

He stares at me with cold, uncaring eyes and sighs deeply. He know I've won so he turns on his heels ad heads back to his room, back to his girlfriend.

"Have fun!" I call after him.

That was the best feeling I've ever had. I finally won a fight between us and I wasn't the person to walk away. Score!

I turn around quickly so i don't have to deal with the other orphans. Aka Harry.

But obviously my luck has to always bite me in the backside.

Standing right behind me are a couple of good looking guy.

(Hey guys. Sorry to leave on such a cliff hanger. Comment if your enjoying it so far and i'll get the next chapter out soon :D)