The Orphan Girl

Sun light floods into my vision. I never really understand what's happening anymore, not that I ever did. I'm still in the white room. This time however, no one is here with me. They must have left. I look down at my arms, hoping that they had freed me before leaving. They have. My arms slowly lift, I'm too numb to move properly. As I stand up, I realise my arms and legs are covered with all different sized cuts. Small ones that don't hurt much and big ones that throb violently. The light reflects off the White Walls making my eyes burn like hell. I finally reach the door, after what seems like hours, and push it open. There is no one in the corridor or anywhere else. I decide to go back to the dorm room.
My head still continues to throb as I open the door for the dorms. Looking inside, I notice there is no one here either. Where could they all be?
I begin to walk the empty corridors to the cafeteria. I pass no one on the way. I push open the large wooden doors, my cuts and bruises burning as I do. I peer inside. There is not a single soul hear.
There is only one other place they could be. The training room. As I walk to it, my mind fantasises over different things that could be the solution. Have my 'parents' told them to stay away from me or have they all gone somewhere without me? I shake my head as I approach the large wooden doors. I gingerly hold onto the handle. It sends shivers down through my spine. Why is it so cold? I pull it down. There are two things that are different with these handles. They're surprisingly cold and stif. I don't remember them being like this. The doors thrust open. I take a peek inside. A sigh erupts from my mouth and I walk away. There was no one in there.
This isn't funny.
Where are they?!?
I walk, not sure where I'm going. I search for rooms or corridors that I recognise. I turn the corner and see somewhere I've never been. At the end of the corridor, a light glows, illuminating the end of the hall. There must be someone there. I know these people are slightly crazing and don't really care for much but they wouldn't waste things. I've been here long enough to know that. Before I know it, I'm in front of the mysterious door. Do. I dare open it. Yes. Yes I do.
I push the door open. The light blinds me but I eventually adjust to it. There is no one in this room either. Just as I'm about to walk away, I see the ladder. My arms and legs ache as I lift (barely) myself up the ladder. I get to the top. The fresh breeze moves through my hair and it dances around me. I can see everything. The train tracks. The trees. Everything. I hear no voices though.
I turn around, my eyes squinting because of the sun. No one is there either. Is there another ladder taking me to another random place? I walk around the building, keeping my senses alert. I spot something in the corner of my eye - movement. Its not a ladder, its a rope. Is this some sort of test? I pull myself up it, trying to ignore the pain shooting around my body. I've not been here long enough to be doing these things.
I sit on the ledge and look at the view. Climbing up that rope was totally worth all of the pain.
"What are you doing?" someone says. They can tell me where everyone has gone. I turn around but I can't see anyone. It must be my imagination, I mutter.
"It's not your imagination," the mysterious voice says, "I really am here."
I turn around again but see no one. I seriously must be going insane.
"Look up." he says and I do. On the roof of the next building, staring down on me, is Drake. I smile at him.
"How did you get up there?" I yell. He points to a rope that doesn't touch the ground.
I climb the rope, ignoring the pain again. I jump to the top and look around for him. He's disappeared. I plonk down on the edge and sigh deeply.
"Are you alright?" he asks. I'm not going to answer. This is some sort of prank.
"Evelyn." He says. I turn around to look again, up and down,but I see no one.
"Where are you?"
"I'm sitting next to you." he whispers in my ear. I jump back and push his face away from my ear.
"WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?" I yell.
His face cracks into a smile. I contain my laughter but yet again, it doesn't work. A burst in laughter shoots from my mouth, making him shoot back.
Before we know it, we are both in hysterics.
"One question," I say putting my hand up, "Where is everyone."
"They're all dead."

( HELLO! :-) there's an update. Finally!! I'm gonna try to be more active. Also, it's frEAKING HALLOWEEN TOMORROW AND IM GONNA CRY. HAPPY HALLOWEEN PEEPS. BAII. )