The Orphan Girl

We stare at each other, confused. I wonder what's happening. They look like someone's died. I hope no one has. I wave my hand and begin to walk over to my bed. As I pass them, Natalie pulls me towards her and Tori. She then orders the others to get back to bed and drags me and Tori over to the far corner. I'm pretty sure this is kidnapping.

"Where have you been? Everyone's been worries sick. You do know its two hours past curfew." Natalie yells everything and spits slightly. I wipe it away dramatically. She mutters something that I didn't hear.

"I never knew we had a curfew." I mutter digging my feet into the ground. This is awkward. They should have explained the rules to me before I started, but obviously everyone forgets how important they are until someone's committed the crime ... and I just made it sound like I've been arrested. Genius. GG life.

"So where have you been?" Tori asks, a lot quieter and calmer than Natalie. She has got to know something, she was probably stalking me. I can't blame her to be honest.

"Just been to the tattoo place. It's really soothing, I never thought it would be. The pains not as bad as I thought." I say, shrugging my shoulders. My tattoo is covered by the jacket I'd been wearing all day.

"You got a tattoo?!?" Tori says, a lot louder and surprised than before. I nod my head. It's not that big of a deal. Take a chill pill, they used to say on tv.

"They're not ... wait, how old are you?" Natalie asks.

"Seventeen." Tori says. She has definitely been stalking me. We both look at her questionable. She shrugs her shoulders and looks at the floor, silent.

"They're not aloud to give anybody tattoos at that age. They were thinking about making the age limit higher but they didn't. Who was behind the counter?" Natalie asks, regaining her cool.

"It was ... Steve. I think." I look up at the ceiling and try to think. Was it Steve? Does it really matter? No. No it doesn't, so can you not. Silly peasants.

"I never thought he'd be the one to brake th..." Natalie begins to say before being rudely interrupted by Tori.

"... What tattoo did you get?" she asks. I roll up my sleeve and show them the tattoo.

"I drew it myself." I say. Their eyes widen and they become paler and paler. It's as if they'd seen a ghost.

Before I could ask what was so bad about it, they grab one of my arms each and drag me out of the room. People stare at me as I pass them. Myra and Lottie smile at me and the others turn away so that they don't laugh. I'm assuming so anyway. I'd probably do the same thing as well if someone else was in my place.

Tori kicks the door closed behind us with her foot. I relax so that I am heavier to carry but pain shoots through my arms. I put my feet on the floor and pull myself up.

They push me up against the wall. Bad images fly through my head. I should never watch tv if this is the thing that I think of as soon as it happens. They both point at me and glare.

"Where did you find out about that flower? How do you know about it?" Natalie yells, spitting again.

"It's just been in my dreams. What's so special about this flower anyway?" I look at them both. Their expression softens and they let go of my arms. I fall to the ground with a thud. I look up at them with disgust. I bring my legs up to my chest and lie my head down one them. My arms wrap around my legs. Is this what a family does? Hugs you to make you feels a lot more special than you actually are?

They both sink down beside me. Tori lays a hand on my shoulder.

"We need you to meet someone," Natalie says quietly, "They've been wanting to speak to you ever since you got here."

I pull myself up and look at them both to give me directions to the mysterious place. The light shines weekly from the windows surrounding the building. It must be midnight. I hear someone call my name and look around. The other girls had walked at the end of the corridor. I guess we're going to play follow the leader, again.

~~~~~~

We come to a corridor that looks strangely familiar. I must have been here recently. There are no doors or any corridors leading to anywhere else. Then it hits me, this is the place I went earlier today. The place with the secret door. I walk quicker so that I'm in front of them. I wonder if that is the place they want me to go. I stop at the end and turn around, blocking the door. If they ask me to move, I know it's here.

"You're going to have to move." Tori says walking closer every second. I ignore them and carry on with what I was doing. I replay what I did before. I should check behind me for that Ben person but I don't. I doubt he would be up this late. He looks like the type of person who'd sleep at six. A type of person who likes to be like everyone else and who doesn't care whatsoever about anyone else's feelings.

I crouch down and do the same thing I did before. I dig my fingers in the gap an pull as hard as I can. Pain shoots through my body but I carry on pulling. I hear someone gasp behind me. I ignore it and throw the door to the side. I never realised how strong I was. It must have been all of the trips to the gym and the training I did in the orphanage. Speaking of training, I should probably carry on with that, otherwise, I'm going to become weak and helpless again. I stop the door from crashing back to a close by standing in front of it.

"How do you know about this door? It's supposed to be secret!" Natalie asks, obviously surprised.

I shrug my shoulders and motion for them to pass through the door.

I look over at the others and smile. They smile back at me and walk through the door, patting my shoulder as they do. I follow them through the door and into the room after it.

My eyes try to adjust to the sudden change in temperature and light. The darkness that surrounds me like a blanket and my arms become covered in goosebumps. This place is freezing. Who an live or stay in a place like this? They must be absolutely mental, even more mental than me and I'm pretty mental. To be honest. All the mental ladies, all the mental ladies, oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh, too many oh's. A deep voice speaks out from the darkness, we've been waiting for you.

(Wooooo. Another chapter for you peeps. Keep on commenting and voting and all of that good stuffs. Have fun in your holidays. I'm working for the whole of it so that's perfect. Fun, fun, fun. At least I can read and watch movies sometimes I guess. Baiii)