The Orphan Girl

We sit down on the broken and destroyed chairs that are extremely uncomfortable to sit on. Can't they afford proper chairs because these guys look pretty rich? I look around at the others wondering about what their lives are like and what they must be thinking about. Natalie turns her head to me obviously knowing I was looking at her. I smile and turn my head back to look at the front of the train. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see her smile back at me and then I see her whisper something to one of the others that are sitting next to her. I can't see who it is but my curiosity is trying to get the better of me. I'm not going to look at them to see what they are saying, I think to myself. I've always been able to read people's lips which scared them sometimes because I'd always know what they were saying to someone else even if they tried their best to keep it from me. I look around to look at them, not being able to stop myself from doing it, and see Eric nod. I'm getting a bit tired of them whispering behind my back and them not telling me what's going on. Why won't they answer my questions?

I'm interrupted from my deep thought as Eric comes over and sits beside me. I look over at him and he smiles looking awkward. I smile back at him and rest my head on the bar that surrounds the windows. This reminds me a bit of what it was like in my room as I had no glass in my windows either, just massive holes. I see him in the corner of my eye open his mouth and then close it again not knowing what to say to me or how to say it so that it won't hurt my feelings. He turns to look over his shoulder at Natalie for some help. She just gives him a reassuring nod with a smile and he turns his attention back to me.

"So...um...I'm guessing you want to know why we've picked you, what you're supposed to be doing there and what we expect from you." he asked regaining his confidence.

I nod getting slightly excited about finally knowing what's going on. It's about time. He notices my happiness at finally getting info as he smiles and carries on speaking.

"So basically...um... We expect you to try your best and always practice if you don't know what your doing. You should know that your not there to make enemies so be nice to people because they will push your buttons until you can't take it anymore. We picked you for a couple of reasons. One was because of that conversation you were having with Peter because it was very amusing and we likes your confidence. Our second reason was the state you room was in and what you had because we thought it was unfair as the other orphans were better off. We also liked your attitude towards the whole situation," he stops quickly. I can tell he doesn't want to say the last bit but Natalie pushes him to say it, "the last reason is that we knew your parents."

(Dun dun duuuuuuun. Cliffhanger. Hehe. I has the power!)