The Orphan Girl

It couldn't have been any awkwarder.

I don't like talking about myself to other people because I don't want to sound egotistical or vain.

Unlike Jack.

I've always hated my name as well, I never thought it suited me.

This moment makes me feel like I've just started a new school because when you do, everyone asks what your name is and a bit about yourself. As people start saying around the room, butterflies appear in your stomach an you dread the moment when it's your turn next even though you know that your overreacting.

By the end of the day you've repeated your name so much you forget what it is.

I got taken out of school when I was thirteen because my parents had died. Or so they say but I don't think that's the real reason.

The other orphans go to school and make friends so I don't understand why I can't.

Most teenagers wish they could leave school and never go back but it's the best experience in the world and I wish I could go back.

Apart from all of the homework, it's not a bad place. It's most people's sanctuary.

I shake my head to stop thinking about my traumatising past and focus on the next thing the people will say.

"Ok. So I'm guessing all of you guys have heard of factions and stuff like that. Some of you might have heard of what faction you are in as well and things about this faction. You might also know why your in this faction." Marcus says. He's probably second in command after Eric because he seems to speak a lot more than the others.

I shake my head not knowing what on earth he is on about. I bet he's messing with us. I look around at everyone else and notice that they are all nodding.

I've never heard of us being in factions or anything like that. I'm so confused I feel like my head is going to explode.

So I've not been told some really important information, yet again.

It never gets old.

Eric, Natalie and Marcus look at me. They probably think I'm lying and trying to be an attention seeker.

"So you don't know anything about your faction or any other factions?" one of them asks me. I shake my head again. What are they on about?

They all shake their heads disapprovingly and look at Peter. He lowers his head guiltily and fiddles with his hands in front of him. He mutters the word sorry that I never thought would ever come out of his mouth, especially in front of me. What's happening? Who are these people?

This has got to be really important information.

"I guess we'll tell you that later when we talk to you then." Natalie says turning her attention back to me instead of Peter. I nod in return feeling angry. Just tell me what's going on now. It's really not that hard to do. Your just making me even more confused and annoyed.

But that's life, what are you going to do?

"So we're gonna talk to each of you separately and we're going to have a normal conversation with all of you so there is no need to be nervous. Then we are going to pick our favourite person out of all of you and let you join our faction," Eric says calmly, "we are going go up to each of your rooms and explain a bit more about this as well. It doesn't matter if your the biggest or the smallest or how 'fit' you are, today it all matters about your personality," he pauses a bit to build up tension in the room. Just get on with it luv, "so I guess we'll start with the person who is closest to this floor and work ourselves up."

I watch as people's faces light up as they listen to him. This means one of us can leave. It's got to be me. I have the worst life out of all of the other orphans. He'll see when he gets to my room. Peter has got to be really nervous about them getting to my room. He has a right to be. Finally his arrogance and nastiness has come back to hit him in the face.

Peter shouts something and everyone starts moving towards the elevator. I should stop daydreaming and listen to what people are saying but I know what he's said anyway so it doesn't matter much.

I start walking towards the elevator knowing I'd be able to get away with going up it because these people are here but I'm too late. The door closes quickly just as I reach it. I only wanted to go up the elevator but I can't even do that with people here. Life isn't fair. There is no point in waiting for it to come down so i I turn around. The mysterious people are walking up the stairs so I go and follow them up.

Now for the laborious climb up to my room.

(Hey guys. It just a short chapter but I hope you enjoyed it. Stay tuned for the next chapter. XD)