The Orphan Girl

My mouth drops, is he serious? No, he has got to be joshing me. People can't just disappear. I'd be dead too.
"You're kidding." I say.
"No, I'm not kidding," he says shaking his head, "Seriously, they're all dead."
"Why would they all be dead? Answer that you little scrub Lord."
"A what lord" he stares at me, his eyes twinkling in the light. I look away to clear my mind.
Looking back at home I say, "It a name you scrub." I push him slightly but probably a bit harder than I should have. He goes tumbling off the side of the building and onto the one below. I peer over the side, however, I don't see him.
"Are you dead?" I shout.
"Yes, like everyone else is." He shouts back.
"They are NOT dead. I know you're lying."
"You don't know me. We aren't even friends. You know nothing." he seems to whisper.
"You are a drama queen. You know that right. But seriously, they aren't dead. I know you well enough."
"They. Are. Dead." I look down at the building and see his foot. I jump down and land next to him. He screams loudly.
"You are a liar!" I shout.
"Fine, arrest me Officer." he laughs putting his hands up, "You nearly gave me a heart attack. How did you not die of the fall."
"You don't know anything about me."
He leans in, a little too close, "I know everything." I glare at him, the death glare, and shake my head.
"You don't even know how much I hate you right now." I say. He laughs loudly. Why is he so loud.
"I've no idea where everyone is to be honest, they left without me. I heard plans of going somewhere but I think it's because I wasn't in my dorm. Or something." he says rubbing the back of his neck.
"Were you up here?" I ask. He nods his head softly.
We sit on the little building for what seems like hours. He turns his head to look at me every now and again.
"This reminds me of being on first dates. You just stare. It's a bit like Twilight I guess." I smile and sink my head. The warm air tickles the back of my neck and makes me feel as if I were back home. This is the best kind of weather.
"Should we go looking around?" He asks.
"That would probably be a good idea." he chuckles slightly, making the hairs on my arms stand on end. We jump down and onto the lowest building.
"Have you checked anywhere?" He asks, walking down various different corridors.
"Yeah, basically everywhere but there is one place I want to check." I take the lead, guiding him to the dark corridor where my crazy parents seem to live. I stop in front of the door and turn to face Drake.
"Not here." He says shaking his head, however, no matter what he says, I'm going in. I turn around so that my back is facing him again. He grabs my arm, pulling me away.
"I've been here before. It's fine." I pull my arm from his and turn back to the door.
I knock twice of the door and pull it open. I haven't gotten over the stiffness of it.
"Hellooo." I yell. My voice echoes around the room.
"What brings you back here Evelyn?" My mother asks.
"Me and my friend, Drake, wanted to know where everyone is. I don't really want to talk to you or father so make it quick. I don't like this place." I try to sound as confident and unconcerned but my voice falters.
My father speaks this time, "Didn't they tell you?" Someone moves from the other side of the room, "they've gone somewhere. It's a little game we play."
A hand touches my shoulder, making my heart skip a beat. Taking a step back, I steady my heart beat.
"We should go Evelyn." Drake calls from behind me. A loud cackle erupts next to my left ear.
"You two aren't going anywhere." They whisper. Drake screams and yells for help but I can't move. Someone holds onto my arms, making escape impossible. They've gone mental!
The light disappeared and we are left in the darkness with two mental idiots.

(HEEELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO. it's nearly Christmas and I'm gonna die. Freaking mockingjay. *cries for ten years* STAY IN SCHOOL PEEPS. BAIIIIII)