The Orphan Girl

"I don't know wether you remember this, but I'm new here. I have no idea what you're saying." I say. She rolls her eyes at me. I smile cheekily in return.

"Divergent basically means you're special." she says, smiling.

"That's not the first time I've heard someone say that before."

"Never say that again." she says giving the death glare for some reason.

I frown and tilt my head to the side questionably. I wonder how everyone else is doing with their fear landscapes. She shakes her head and gets up. Before I could say anything else to her, she walks out of the door, leaving me sitting in the white chair. I sigh deeply and rest my head in my hands. Being here has been too overwhelming and hard. Everyone expects me to be someone that I'm not. I still don't know my way around this place. How am I supposed to get back to the dorm? Where do I go from here? What is the purpose of me being her at all? I shake my head again and stand up.

I've got to stop feeling sorry for myself, I mutter.

I walk out of the door and try to find my way around the place.

~~~~~~~

I try to navigate myself around the building, but I know I'm going to fail. I'm not a lucky person. I'm probably going to end up at the other end of the world, sitting on a rock and twiddling my thumbs. But I don't. I come to the end of a corridor, a dead end, and realise that I'm totally lost. I bang my head on the wall and sigh, another way to cope.

I step back and study the end of the corridor. It wouldn't end without nothing being there. No doors at all down this bit. It makes it seem like someone is trying to hide something from people.

I reach my hand out and feel for any gaps or dips in the wall. I crouch down and do the same for the bottom of the strange wall. Suddenly my fingers brush over a cold bump. It's a button. It's not red so I press it.

The wall shoots forwards and hits me in the head. I regain consciousness and look back at the wall, or door. I'm not really sure what to call it anymore to be honest. It looks normal but there is a tiny gap in the side. Obviously for someone to pull to get inside.

I stand up, again, and slide the door across. The bottom of the door rubs on the floor, making it harder to push. The noise of the movement echoes down the corridor behind me. My ears ring slightly and my head throbs.

"What do you think you're doing" I hear someone yell behind me. I let go of the door. It crashes back into its original position with even more noise. I spin around quickly. I'm gonna be in so much trouble. I don't recognise the person. it's too dark to make out any features of the person

"Hello..." I say, dropping my hands down to my side.

"You never did answered my question." He yells. Rude peasant.

"I was wondering why there were no doors or anything down this corridor so I went looking for a secret one an found that." I point behind me to the secret, but incredibly noisy, door. He points a flashlight in my face and I shrug my shoulders.

"Who are you?" he asks, calming his voice down.

"I'm new. Who are you?" I shield my eyes from the light but it still burns my eyes. No wonder people have wrinkles all over their face, they're too busy squinting.

"What's ya name?" He says.

"You never answered my question." I say cockily. If you're going to be sassy to me, I'm going to be sassy back.

I hear him chuckle softly, "I'm Ben, now will you tell me who you are?"

"I'm Evelyn," I say, "You've probably heard of me. Everyone knows about me for some reason."

An awkward silence passes between us.

"You're not supposed to be here." he seems to whisper, as if he were embarrassed to be talking to me. Great, another person who hates me for no reason. I tut loudly to make sure he could hear it. People these days, always making themselves look stupid and small.

"Can you show me where I'm supposed to go then?"

I walk towards him and stop when I'm a couple meters away. I smile at him and put my hands in my pockets.

"Follow me then I guess," he turns around and walks quickly away from me, "Come on then."

I jog to catch up with him and walk by his side, occasionally having to jog a little bit to keep up.

(Just a short chapter. Had writers block and the chapter got deleted a couple times by accident. Don't forget to leave suggestions and tell me what you want to happen in it. I guess I can't exactly say 'stay in school kids' because its the holidays. So... have fun kids. Baii 💕)