The Orphan Girl

My legs ache and I feel them slowly giving up. I should have waited for the elevator to come down but I soldier on anyway.

I finally reach my room but I'm not that happy about it to be honest. I reach for the door knob and twist is gingerly expecting someone to jump out at me when I open the door but no one does. I plod in and collapse on my hammock-type-bed-thing. It's nots the comfiest thing to sit on but I'm too tired to do anything else.

I turn over so that my back is facing the door and drift off to sleep. I don't care who these people are, I woke up at the crack of dawn so I'm tired.

I'm outside the orphanage again. The weather is a lot different from what it was the last time. It's a storm. The rain trickles down my face, smudging my makeup but its a dream so I'm not that bothered. I look into the distance and notice a light. It burns deep into my soul to intimidate me but it doesn't work. Im just even more curious. I walk towards the strange glow not really knowing what I'm doing. It doesn't feel like its my feet that are carrying me there. As I come closer to the light, the further away it moves. Does it want me to follow?

I reach the light for the second time but it glides away again. So I follow it. Again.

I look around as my legs carry me after it. It in the middle of nowhere. There are no trees or paths anywhere. Where is this strange light taking me? To Narnia? I want to go to Narnia.

The light stops now and it seems to turn to me. Is it going to speak? I finally reach the light after what seems light hours of walking. It explodes sending fabulous pink and blue sparks in all directions. It leaves someone standing in its place.

My mother.

Mum? I want to yell but nothing seems to come out. I want to speak.

Evelyn. It calls out to me with her soft and gently voice. It's definitely my mother, it has her voice.

Look behind me my daughter. It seems strange that shed call me her daughter instead of saying my name but I look behind her anyway. There's a fence that looks as if it goes around the whole of this place, wherever we are.

This fence separates the factions. There are five different factions that surround you. You have no faction. Thats why those people are here. You are faction-less.

And with that, my dream ends.

I wake up gasping for breath. So the people that are here are in one of the factions that surround us. I don't understand why I'm not in a faction. What have I done to get me kicked out of one? Was I ever in one?

I'm interrupted from my thinking by a knock on the door.

"Come in" I yell and the person behind swiftly swings it open. It's Eric, Marcus and Natalie.

"Hi." they all say at the same time. They're like Jack and Peter - telepathic.

I salute in return mocking their politeness. They all walk in and Natalie closes the door behind her.

"So this is your room..." Eric asks clearly shocked at how bad it looks, "why does it have holes in the walls?"

I like Eric. He seems one of those types of people who would say anything to your face without thinking about why he's saying and then regret what he's said when its too late. He's a bit like me.

"Well, a lot of the time I get annoyed with Peter because he's Peter and its quite hard to not be annoyed with him. I don't have a punching bag or anything like that to take out my anger on but then I realise that I have walls that are strong and made of metal. It's not a big deal but I got a massive beating after the first time I did it but I carried on doing it anyway." I say casually while shrugging my shoulders.

They all turn to look at me obviously shocked by my sudden change in character. I shrug my shoulders again and follow their gaze to the fist sized holes in my wall.

"Could you show us?" Marcus asks. Why's he got to be so handsome? I nod my head and walk over to a normal bit of the wall. I bring my fist back and put my feet in the position. I throw my fist forward towards the wall. A loud bang erupts from beneath my hand which I pull back quickly to cover my ears whilst closing my ears. I look back at the wall and then at the neat hole in the centre of it. Natalie gasps as I step out of the way for them to look. I walk back to my bed and smirk. Their faces. I can't even.

"Ok. I think we're done here. We're gonna talk it over so you should make your way down stairs to join the..."

"What? I thought you guys talked to us a bit about what on earth is happening and stuff like that." I interrupt rudely. I don't care, I want some answers. Right. Now.

"I think you already know what's happening because your different from the others." Marcus says. He winks at me and follows the other two out of the door.

I guess I follow them.

(Heyyyy guys. Another chapter. More mysteries. Same people. Hope you enjoyed. :)