Chapter 2

Kayla's POV

Kayla's POV

" Clary , Clary just stop and calm down." we hear jace tell clary as we walk up to them.

" Calm down, really?! ok jace you may be some emotionless GI Joe..."she starts but jace cuts her off.

"what is a GI Joe?"he asks her confused.

" An emotionless soldier who doesn't know what it is like to lose someone.To lose your own mother." she says and I lose my cool.

" your right I never knew my mother ." jace says and before she can speak I step in.

" Clary you think your the only one who has lost someone, at least you had your mom for 18 years, and you know she is still out there! I lost both my parents when I was 7 years old! " I snap at her and she looks at me with pity.

" Kayla calm down." jace tries to tell me but I cut him off.

" no jace , she thinks she is the only one with problems, well guess what you don't and you know I wish that I knew my mom was just kidnapped , because then I know she would be alive , check yourself before you start judging us." I tell her and walk passed her towards the monitors.

"I didn't know." clary says causing me to roll my eyes and go back to scanning the area.

" That is precisely the point you don't know about our world so in the shadow world no training can get you killed." Jace says to her and she just goes to lean on the wall. Clary and jace begin talking about her remembering things and I just tune them out and continue security. I can feel the tears falling down my face. I feel Alec next to me.

" you ok, what she said was out of line." he says turning me to look at him. I wipe my tears and calm down.

" I'll be fine , whats done is done." I tell him and he just hugs me.

" what happened Kayla are you ok?" Izzy says coming over to us with Simon. I don't say anything and Alec explains what happened, and Izzy just hugs me. After a bit clary and jace come back over to us and we leave Simon with the guys and we all go to Izzy's room to get clary new clothes.

In Izzy's room....

" Is this the least revealing thing you have?" clary asked as she looked at herself in the mirror after Izzy had given her something new to wear.

" What all the naughty bits are covered, a little too much in my opinion ." Izzy states and I just giggle.

" I hope Simon is ok." she says and I just laugh.

" He's in good hands with the guys clary calm down." I tell her.

" so you Alec , Izzy , and jace are what like family?" clary asks and me and Izzy look at each other and start laughing.

" correction you want to know if Jace and I or Jace and Kayla are a thing." she says and we look at clary.

"what, why would I care about that?" she asks stuttering.