Chapter 29

Kayla's POV

Kayla's POV

The next morning, surprisingly Alec was better, so we went back to the institute, showered and changed and were just walking around the institute holding hands. It was nice.

"How did It go with Magnus and Aldertree?" Alec asks.

" Magnus said that the man didn't disappoint. In his own charming, inimitable way, he informed Magnus that he will indeed be punished, but the form of punishment is yet to be decided." I explained to Alec.

"All for trying to save my life. Jace may have been the one who pulled me out, but I did feel you there. And it made the whole difference in the world, so thank you." he says to me and I smile and kiss him.

" Thanks for not dying on me." I tell him smiling causing him to smirk.

" How's Jace?" he asks me.

" uh, according to clary, he shouldn't be gone long, she says she has faith that once he touches the soul-sword, the truth will come out and show he was never on Valentines side." I tell him, and he nods and stops us.

" Look I know with everything going on, we haven't been able to..." Alec mumbled and I laughed.

"We haven't been able to spend any time alone?" I guessed.

"Haha yea." he says chuckling.

"Magnus know a place in SoHo that has the best lamb kebab this side of Marraksh, or Magnus can portal us anywhere. hungry?" I ask him smiling.

" Starving " Alec smirked to me.

"Hey Kayla, Alec demon briefing in the ops center. All hands on deck. " Raj tells us before he left. We both groan.

" Raincheck?" I ask him smiling.

" Yea is that ok?" he asks 

" yea, come on we should go see whats up." I tell him and he nods and we make our way to the ops center to be briefed on whats going on.

After the briefing...

We just found out that there was a demon attack and we have to go check it out. We find clary and walk over to her.

"Demon attack downtown. One mundane dead." I tell her.

"And we don't have Jace with us, so you are with us." Alec tells her, and she gives him a look.

"Wait. you want me on your team?" she asks him.

"It's not my first choice, but we're a man downing everyone else is on patrol. Gear up." Alec says to her as we go to leave. We get to the site and Luke is there, we see there is a body with a hole in the chest. Izzy and I are inspecting the body, and Alec says he's going to go look around and he decided to take clary with him.

" Hey try and be nice to her." I tell him

" we'll see." he says chuckling and gives me a kiss before he goes to leave.