Chapter 5

Kayla's POV

Kayla's POV

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed I looked at the time and saw that it was 8:00 in the morning so I figured I would get some training done before the chaos that involved clary began again. I changed into a sports bra and some Capri leggings and headed to the training room. I am by myself for a bit and then I notice someone walk into the room. I looked over to see it was hodge.

" hey Kayla , what are you doing up so early?"  he asked putting his gloves on.

"uh, just wanted to get some training in while everything is still calm." I tell him honestly stopping what I'm doing.

" I can understand that, things around here have gotten hectic lately haven't they." he says while grabbing a stick and passing another one to me and I catch it with no problems.

" heh yea." I tell him.

" want to do some combat training ?" he asks me and I nod and take a fighting stance. He goes to lunge and me but I dodge him. We continue to fight until I knock the stick out of his hand and I knock him on the ground .

" wow Kayla , you've gotten a lot better since the last we fought." he says and I smile and say thanks before helping him up. We put the sticks away and we just talk for a bit.

" hey hodge can I ask you something?"  I ask him, ever since he told me that I was just like my mother , being in the back and doing as she was told, it has been eating at me.

" yea sure whats up?" he asks taking his gloves off.

" when you said I reminded you of my mom , what exactly did you mean by that?" I asked him.

" Kayla I didn't mean anything bad by it, I just meant that you remind me of your mother , always doing what she's told and standing by the ones she loved." he explains to me and smiles.

" what were my parents like hodge , I mean did you know them that well or no?" I asked him curious as to remember what they were like. Hodge just smiles at me.

" I knew your parents very well Kayla , even though they were best friends with the Robert and Maryse, I was still good friends with them. Your parents were the kindest people anyone could ever meet. they always put others before themselves.Your father was always seeking adventure and loved his bow and arrow, which I can see that part in you. " he says which makes me smile remembering those parts about my dad.

" and your mom was the sweetest woman ever. She had the biggest heart and loved the seraph blade as a weapon, which is also something you've mastered. I see both of your parents in you each and every day Kayla and I hope you know that I know for a fact that if your parents were here today, they would be extremely proud of the young woman your becoming." he tells me placing a hand on my shoulder.

" thanks hodge , I really needed that, I just feel like each day I end up forgetting a piece of them, and I'm scared that one day I won't be able to remember them." I say with tears threatening to spill from my eyes.