Chapter 34

Kayla's POV

Kayla's POV

We were driving around trying to find where cleophas and Clary are. We ended up picking up Jace on the way. 

"Where could they be?" Jace asks us and we just shrug. All of a sudden I hear this screaming voice and it's so loud. I clutch my head in my hands.

" Ahh." I say and Jace and Luke look at me.

"Kayla whats wrong?" they both ask me. I shake my head.

" I hear this screeching sound. Don't you guys hear it?" I ask them and then all of a sudden the noise stops, and I regain my composure. We finally see clary and cleophas and we park and get off the car.

"Cleo you hurt her, and I'll drop you where you stand." Luke said as he walked closer to them.

"Wait, no!" clary yelled to him.

"Clary, get out of the way!" Jace yelled to her.

" Luke don't! We need her. Kayla did you hear the screeching?" clary asked me and I nodded.

"Wait? she can hear it too?" cleophas asked confused.

"Yea, she can and she saw the rune also." clary explains to her.

"Why didn't you say anything before?" cleophas asks me.

" I don't exactly trust people easily, and I didn't really get a good vibe with you."  I explain to her.

"Look she can help us out, Valentine is getting ready to activate the soul word, he has an angel captured and with the storm coming, we need a plan." Clary tells us and we nod and the five of us come up with a plan.  Once we had a plan we went inside and heard cleophas talking to Valentine.

"Cleophas did you find Clarissa?" Valentine asked her.

"I did and I was right. She is gifted. There are things she showed me that I didn't know was possible." cleophas said.

"So.. where is she?" valentine asked.

" She's a little preoccupied at the moment. Let her go. This isn't her fight." Luke said.

"It is now." Valentine said. 

" I'm sorry for this Luke." cleophas said, and Luke was confused, we all were, before she turned to Valentine.

" Kayla Branwell also has developed gifts like clary, I fear she will soon become a threat." Cleophas tells Valentine and I gasp and am about to go slap her , but Jace and clary  hold me back.  I see Luke just look at his sister.

"Cleophas..." he tells her.

"Ah, thank you for the tip dear cleophas. Glad to know you're still loyal." Valentine tells her. Before I can hear anything else, Jace pulls me away and us three go outside to find the Angel Clary and I have been hearing all day.