Chapter 46

Kayla's POV

Kayla's POV

Izzy and I go through the portal and land by the lake water. We look out into the view.

"Wow, like I remember it." Izzy says, and I smile.

"Yea, me too, but come on we have to find Jace and Clary." I tell her and we go off into the woods to find them. 

We eventually find Jace who is looking for clary.

" where did she go?" I asked him.

"She went to look for her stele but then I lost her." Jace said.

"Well we have to find her , or she could be in big trouble." Izzy said.

"What are you talking about?" Jace asked us.

"The water in lake Lyn is toxic, when ingested can cause hallucinations and can be lethal, only the healing rune can help." I explain .

"We have to find her fast." Jace said and we ran through the woods to find her. We finally did but I could instantly tell she wasn't herself. she was hallucinating.

"Clary are you okay?" I asked her.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"it's me Kayla, Izzy and Jace." I explain to her.

"I don't know." she says.

"Your confused. we're here to help you." Jace said going closer to her. Izzy grabbed her stele 

"just hold still." Izzy says to clary. Clary goes to swing at her. I step in and help her. 

"Clary , hold still." I said and she swings at me. She goes to punch me but I doge it and we continue to fight before Jace grabs a hold of her and somehow activates her rune and suddenly she is fine. We continue to make our way to the cabin.

Alec's POV

I was stuck in the institute in my office just looking at the fire. A knock was at my door, I turned around and saw my father.

"I just got word from Kayla and Isabelle, Jace and Clary  are safe, They'll be at valentines cabin in no time. " he informed me.

"Thats good to hear. hopefully they can recover something we can use to track. Dad... thank you Kayla and Izzy would have never made it to Idris without your help." I told him.

" Alec you and Isabelle, Max, Kayla, and Jace are the most important people in the world to me. I know I've lost your trust. I hope you can earn it back." he says.

"Then why are you still lying to us? you told max to keep a secret about some fire messages ." I told him.

"yes, but--"

" whatever it is keep Max out of it!" I told him.

"I sent those fire messages to Imogen to make sure you remain head of the institute." he said.