Chapter 37

Kayla's POV

Kayla's POV

I grabbed my weapons and made my way to the location that Jace texted me. When I got there I saw Luke was also there with Jace and Simon . I walk over to them.

"Hey guys , Jace you said you needed my help is clary alright , Where is clary?" I asked as Simon hugged me and so did Luke.

"She's fine, We found Madzie but then she grabbed clary and portaled her somewhere else. Probably to Valentine we have to find her." Jace says and I just nod.

"Your saying a little girl, was strong enough to grab clary and take her through a portal?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"She caught us all by surprise but that's not the point here, We need to find her, so I have a plan, Simon says he knows how to find clary, so when we get to the place I'll get clary, Luke will go to Luke for his sister, and you and Simon are stronger and faster so you guys will take care of  valentine If you have to. I instantly tense up.

"Um, are you sure thats a good plan?" I ask him.

"Kayla this is clary we are talking about, we need all hands on deck." he says and I jus sigh, and nod. Simon figures out where clary is being held.We get to the outside of the building before we all stop and Jace goes over the plan for the billionth time.

"Okay so, everyone good? Great lets go!" he says and starts to walk again before I stop him.

"Jace, wait!" I call to him.

"What Kayla? we're wasting time what's wrong?" he asks me.

"Um, there's something I need to tell you , I don't think it's a good idea for me to try and fight valentine right now at least." I tell him.

"Kayla, it's going to be ok I know you scared, but nothing is going to happen to you, " he says 

"No Jace, thats not what I mean , I'm trying to tell that I'm--" I say before he cuts me off.

"Kayla, lets go we need to get clary." he says grabbing my arm and pulling me along with him inside. We catch up with Simon and walk further inside and we see clary. Luke went to try and find Cleophas. We all go over to clary.

"Jace!" I heard her yell.

"Clary! where is valentine?" he asks her.

"I don't know, all the circle members left in a hurry." she says to him. 

"Don't move." he tells her and breaks the chain.

" Ok well we need to get out of here before--" she starts but a voice cuts her off. Oh no!

"Going somewhere?" he says. Jace was going to attack him but Madzie froze him. 

"I didn't think so. She's strong for her age, isn't she?" he said. I went down to kneel in front of Madzie.