Chapter 19

Kayla's POV

Kayla's POV

Dream:

" mommy, I want to go play over there." I say to her ands just laughs.

"ok sweetheart but stay to where I can see young only for a bit we have to get home to Lydia and your father soon." I hear her say but I run to go play at the park. I'm just playing when all of a sudden I bump into a strange man. 

" I'm sorry." I say and the strange man looks down at me.

"it's alright my dear. " he says to me and I notice his eyes are different.

" are you warlock? your eyes are different."  I ask.

" I am my dear, I'm Magnus ." he says.

" I'm Kayla." I tell him

" I know sweetheart , I know your parents very well." he says and I giggle.

" sweetheart what did I say about talking to strangers." my mom says coming up to me, then she notices Magnus.

" it's good to see you again Melissa, Kayla has grown since the last I saw of her." he says.

" thanks Magnus. she has ." my mom says to him.

" Melissa, you know he'll try and come after her one day, and the clave will want to experiment to see her abilities." Magnus tells my mom.

" I know but I will do everything In my power to makes sure that never happens."  I hear my mom say.

" somethings are inevitable Melissa, this may be something you or Derek can't help." I hear Magnus say.

At one point all I hear is, 'he'll come after her, he'll come after her.....

  Suddenly I jolt up in my bed sweating and breathing heavily. Alec runs into the room and goes to my side instantly.

" Hey, hey your alright." he says hugging me tightly and I'm still trying to catch my breath. 

" whats wrong kay, I head you scream." he asks me and I just look at him.

" I just had a bad dream, I'm sorry for waking you." I tell him.

" hey don't be sorry. it's ok want to talk about it?" he asks me and I just look at him and nod.

" I had a dream, well I think it was more of a memory but it was when I was younger and I was with my mom at the park and I wanted to go play so I ran towards the playground, and bumped into someone, it was Magnus and then my mom came over and he just kept saying that he'll come after me one day ,and that the clave is going to want to experiment on me to see my abilities." I explain to him

" Wait who will come after you and what abilities?" he questions.

" I don't know , I know when I was talking to Lydia she said that I have abilities that other shadowhunters don't have , and my mom had them also. she said that there are people who don't like what I can do, but I don't even know what I can do, She also said that Jocelyn would have answers but I think I know of someone else who may have answers ." I tell Alec.