Chapter 13

Recap:

Recap:

"Well after talking it over with Maryse and Robert, we all agreed that you two getting married would benefit both families and since you guys have been together for a very long time , it only makes sense. So you and Alec will be getting married." Lydia says and I just freeze and I look over at Alec. Wow I was not expecting the conversation to turn out like this. 

Kayla's POV

We're all still in the room and they are just looking at us, I still haven't said anything because I am trying to process everything. Alec breaks the silence.

"So you guys are saying that I wouldn't have to get married to a stranger, I would get to marry Kayla and the family name would be restored?" Alec questions his parents.

" that is what were hoping for, the clave highly respects the Branwells and we were also thinking of you guys, we know you have been together for what 3 years now and we love Kayla as our own daughter so it makes sense for everyone." Maryse explains and Alec nods and slightly smiles. Lydia looks over at me.

" Kayla are you ok? I thought this would be good news for you, You and Alec wouldn't have to break up. I mean you are coming to the age where I was when I got married too." Lydia tells me and I just look at her.

" um... yea no this is good news , I just didn't think the conversation would turn out like this." I say truthfully and I look over at Alec and he gives me a small smile and grabs my hand. I smile back at him.  I turn back to Maryse and Robert and Lydia.

" ok, so where do we go from here?" I ask them, and they smile back at me.

" well you guys will be getting married soon so for now just continue on about your day and we'll let you know more soon." Lydia says and I just nod.

" you all may leave now." Robert says and me and Alec get up and leave the room.  Alec and I walk to my room and when we get inside I close the door and lay back on my bed sighing.

"whats wrong?" he asks laying down next to me. I turn on my side to face him and he does the same.

"I was just not expecting any of it, I thought they pulled us into the room to say that we couldn't be together anymore, I know its dumb but I don't know." I tell him.

" hey everything is going to be ok, this is a good thing, we'll  get through this we always do."he says and kisses my head. I smile at him.

" I love you Alec ." I tell him giving him a kiss on the lips.

" I love you too Kayla." he says back.  He then leaves to do security and I decided I need to clear my head, so I leave the institute and head to Jades cafe to see Luke and how Simon was doing. once I get there  I go inside and say hey to everyone. surprisingly none of them hate me or give me dirty looks. It's always been that way. I find Luke and Simon and I go to sit down next to them.