Chapter 26

Kayla's POV

Kayla's POV

Punch. Hit. Kick. Punch. Punch. Kick. Hit.

I was at the punching bag for a while and then I moved to practice my fighting skills. I did that for a while before I felt someone behind me and I went to hit the person until they caught my arm and I realized it was Alec. I lowered my stance and we just stood there for a minute until he spoke up.

" Your defense fighting stance has gotten better." he says

" um... thanks, did you need the room i'll leave." I quickly said leaving before I felt a hand grab my arm.

"Kayla, look I shouldn't have gotten angry with you ok, I didn't mean to, I guess I just couldn't deal with the fact that Jace was still out there and I took it out on you when you were only trying to help and I'm sorry for that, I was being an idiot." Alec tells me and I just stand there.

" look Alec I was never mad at you, I get what you're going through, but everyone here is trying to help out ok, and you can't just snap at everyone ok, just calm down, we all want the same thing." I tell him going over to him and giving him a tight hug, he instantly hugs back.

" I was worried about you, when I heard that clary and her mom ran into valentine and Jace, and you weren't back yet I thought that something happened. I could never live with myself if something did happen to you." he tells me and I just keep hugging him.

"and for that I am sorry, my phone was on vibrate and I didn't hear it. " I tell him, and we release and just look at each other. He leans down to kiss me and I smile into the kiss.

" I love you." he tells me, and I wrap my arms around his neck.

" and I love you." I say kissing him again.

"So want to train together for a bit?" he asks and I nod.

" of course, so I can kick your butt, Mr. lightwood." I say walking over to the sticks we have grabbing one for me and one for him.

" oh , is that right Mrs. Lightwood, I believe you're the one who is gonna get there butt kicked." he tells me and I throw my head back laughing.

" We'll see about that." I tell him and get into a fighting stance. He does the same and we begin battling.

Hit. Hit. Duck. I dodge the move Alec makes move towards me and I turn back to him laughing.

" come on lightwood, gotta be quicker than that." I tell him, and he laughs, and tries to come at me again and this time I don't have time to react and things end with me on the floor with him on top of me, and both of us laughing.

" I think I like this position." Alec tells me and I burst out laughing

" well thats nice to know but get off me you dirty minded boy." I tell him pushing him off me laughing, he stands up and helps me up too. I go to put my stick up and clary walks in the room. I can already tell this won't tell out good. I take a deep breath and walk over to them.