𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟒.𝟐 - 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘦

15 Years Ago

15 Years Ago

Barry's eyes flutter open and he immediately notices the empty space next to him in bed. He slowly sits up, still a little groggy, and checks the time.

3:28 a.m.

In the nursery, Caitlin sets one of her 3 month old babies down in his crib. His big blue eyes stare at her, as if he was memorizing her facial features. They were a beautiful shade of blue, he inherited from Caitlin's mother. Caitlin tries to smile but her lips can't help but tremble a bit.

 Caitlin tries to smile but her lips can't help but tremble a bit

The past couple of months have been...challenging with Baby Brett.

Barry rubs his eyelids as he makes his way to the nursery. He stops at the doorway and furrows his eyebrows.

"Cait?" Caitlin immediately wipes her tears away. "What's wrong? Are the twins okay?" He's at his wife's side in a heartbeat. Tears burst from Caitlin's eyes as she cries into Barry's shirt. Barry comforts her, even though he's really confused.

"It's my fault." She mutters into his shirt.

"What is?" His hand runs down her hair.

"What Brett did to you..." She cries. "It's my fault." Barry shuts his eyes, finally understanding what she means. He gently pulls away from her and Caitlin sniffs, her sorrowful eyes apologizing into his. Barry looks at her sympathetically.

"Hey," he gently cups her face with his hands. "This isn't your fault." He shakes his head assuringly.

"Barry, Brett gave you frostbite..."

"I know...But I healed and I'm fine." He shows off his right hand.

"But what if next time it isn't someone who can heal? What if he hurts Iris or Eddie?" Barry stares into her worried eyes, not really having an answer for her question. He turns his head to look at their son, who was staring at them the whole time.

"We'll figure something out." He assures before he looks at Caitlin again. "I promise."

ϟ ❆ ϟ ❆ ϟ ❆ ϟ ❆ ϟ ❆