𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟏𝟑.𝟏 - 𝘥𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘦

It was the first day of First Grade and the one thing Jeremy Webb couldn't wait for, was the big playground

It was the first day of First Grade and the one thing Jeremy Webb couldn't wait for, was the big playground. The kindergarten classes had their own mini playgrounds outside their classrooms. But the big playground was for students in 1st-6th Grade.

He was astonished the second he stepped foot onto the black top. A large grass field was to his left and tether-ball courts to his right. He didn't know what to try first. The only problem was he needed someone to play with...

He didn't really make friends in Kindergarten. He was often found looking at picture books in the corner or playing with toy dinosaurs by himself.

He was so lost in his kindergarten memories that he didn't have time to react to the soccer ball that smacked his face and knocked him down. He lets out an "omph" as he falls onto his back. He slowly opens his eyes to find the sun staring straight at him. A few seconds later an auburn haired girl comes into view.

"Are you okay?" She asks, her auburn locks dangle as her green eyes stare down at him with guilt and sorrow. Jeremy blinks a couple times, he was instantly frozen at the sight of her.

He'd never felt this way before...well he was only 6.

The girl offers him a hand before pulling him up giving Jeremy a better look at her. The sunlight compliments her, as well as making her green eyes sparkle.

"I'm so sorry. I should've been more careful..." She admits as she rubs her shoulder. Jeremy locates the ball before grabbing and handing it back to her.

"It's okay." The girl glances at the ball before placing it on her hip.

"I'm Bree." She extends her free hand for him to shake.  "What's your name?"

Jeremy guides me down the driveway towards a red Honda Civic parked in front of the house

Jeremy guides me down the driveway towards a red Honda Civic parked in front of the house. I admire his car as he takes the liberty to open the passenger door for me.

"Don't worry, your dad gave me a mini driver's ed exam while we waited for you to come down."

"Yea, that sounds like Dad." I can't help but laugh as I sit down on the passenger seat. My nose is instantly engulfed with the Hawaiian Breeze scented car freshener hooked up to the air vent. Jeremy closes the door as I reach for my seat belt, noticing my dad peeking out through the living room window. Jeremy waves to him as he goes around the car to the driver's side. He gets inside as I wave too.