𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟒.𝟒 - 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘦

I was finishing my delicious banana nut muffin as Mom drove us to school

I was sitting in the back seat but I could still make out how anxious she was. I wasn't going to lie...

I was a little nervous too.

I turn my head to find my twin brother happily hugging his new backpack. Yesterday, Dad took us shopping so Brett could pick out his first backpack. He'd come with us when it was time to pick out a backpack for me. He'd always look at the boys' backpacks and picked out which one's he would get if he went to a public school. As soon as we got to the backpack section, he was immediately drawn to a navy blue one with small silver robots imprinted all over it.

Brett was really excited to finally start public school. Because of his powers, my parents didn't feel comfortable letting him go to school and endangering so many kids. (And by my parents, I mean my mom.)

But I guess it was fine because Brett completely understood. He was fine with being home schooled because with our parents as his teachers, he was actually getting a better education than the kids at my school.

And it's not like I had a secret brother. My classmates knew I had a twin. They'd greet him when he accompanied Mom or Dad in picking me up. But, I had to tell them Brett chose to be home schooled in order to avoid any suspicion. (I know. Wouldn't that raise suspicion?) Luckily, everyone bought it.

However, judging by his inability to stop talking about school, I could tell he was excited.

The car came to a halt and before we knew it, we were parked at Carmichael Elementary. Mom turned around in her seat to look at us.

"Now Brett, I understand if you're nervous. If you want we can wait till next year-"

"Are you kidding!? I've been waiting for this day forever!" He unbuckles his seatbelt and opens the car door. "Come on, let's go!" He shuts the door behind him before he takes a good look at his new school. Mom sighs for the hundredth time before she looks at me.

"Promise me, you'll look out for him?"

"Promise." I smile before I hold up my pinky finger. She finally smiles and links her pinky with mine.