𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟏𝟎.𝟑 - 𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘣𝘰𝘮𝘣𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭

I think every family has that one song that the whole family likes to sing

Bree and I were seven...well, maybe eight. Dad was driving all of us back from a nice family dinner at this restaurant Mom was dying to try.

It was a quiet car ride at first. My chin rested on the palm of my hand and my elbow rested on a plastic handle on the side of the car door. Finally, Mom decides to turn on the radio. She searches through about four stations until a familiar song came up.

"I'll be your eyes when yours can't shine"

Bree lets out a gasp as soon as she hears Rachel Platten's voice blaring through the speakers. I allow myself to smile before turning to look at her.

"I'll be your arms, I'll be your steady satellite" Bree begins to sing along and dance in her seat. "And when you can't rise, well, I'll cry with you on hands and knees 'Cause I"

"(I'm gonna stand by you)" I notice that my parents joined in.

"Even if we're breaking down," Mom and Dad smile at each other. "We can find a way to break through"

"Come on!" Bree gets really into the beat as she begins to clap along with the drum beat.

"Even if we can't find heaven," I decide to join in.

" I'll walk through hell with you." Bree smiles at the fact that I joined in.

All: "Love, you're not alone..."

Bree: "'cause I'm gonna stand by you!"

All: "Even if we can't find heaven, I'm gonna stand by you
Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through hell with you
Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
No, I'm gonna stand by you
(Even if we can't find heaven, heaven, heaven)
I'm gonna stand by you"

ϟ ❆ ϟ ❆ ϟ ❆ ϟ ❆ ϟ ❆

"W-what?" I'm barely able to say. I'm too stunned to say anything else.

Bart nods as his eyes begin to build up with tears. I could see my own horrified reflection in his glossy brown eyes.

"She's gone." His weak voice cracks. Hearing those words suddenly made it harder to breathe. If I didn't have my ring, my alter ego would've definitely taken over by now. "Uncle Brett?"

"W-wait...if you're doing this to save her life, then why come all the way here? Why didn't you just prevent her death in your time?"

"Because her killer would find some other way to end her." I felt my blood run cold.