m u s i c

________

________

"Honestly, I have no idea what this is."

"Tch."

The nineteen year old teenager with scraggly mahogany locks styled messily atop his head, shot an irritated look at his companion.

"You really are a delinquent Jimin.” His tone showed impasse curtness, an unbelieving retrospect that the latter was, indeed, absolutely senseless.

Jimin, in his defense, whacked the younger over the head with the crumpled map he was clutching.

“Honorifics, bitch.”

Jeongguk scoffed, sliding his gaze back to the road, at the dark gravel grazing the car tires, at the brilliantly orange leaves on either side, pushing lightly up against the windscreen before whisked away by the breeze.

Before he could utter a rather well thought retort, the latter ruffled the map open once again.

“This is just...” His eyebrows scrunched together. “...impossible to decipher.”

“Gee, maybe hold it the right way up or something?” Jeongguk slowed the car down enough for it to lazily trundle up the path, enough for him to lean and peek over his best friend's shoulder at the miniscule criss crossed scales.

“Mhm...” Letting out a satisfied inclination of clear understanding, Jeongguk nodded (he hadn't been able to make out anything but there was no reason Jimin had to know that).

“Wait, how'd you-”

At the elder's befuddled expression, Jeongguk shot him a smirk, like the sneaky little shit he was.

“No offense, hyung,” he purposefully put emphasis on the word. “but you're kinda dumb.”

“Dumb? Ha. We'll see who's dumb after we reach the exhibition.” Jimin threw the map over his seat to the back of the car. “If, y'know, we reach there.”

Jeongguk waved a hand dismissively, the other clutching the wheel. “Relax, okay? I'll get us there.”

“Whatever.”

Itching to sneak a peek at the GPS installed only last night on his phone (what a marvellous invention it was; though he never could keep any of them in one piece for long), Jeongguk let silence envelope them once more, the only audible octaves, the faint hum of the heater and the crunch of tires on uneven gravel.

The silence somehow felt like music. Beautiful, aesthetic music.

A/N;  *frantically flashes victory sign while sighing violently*