b a c k f l i p s

"Hey

"Hey."

Jeongguk didn't react. Correction; didn't want to. For he recognized that voice. Could recognize it anywhere to be honest.

"What do you want."

It wasn't stated as a question; rather like a statement. A declaration.

He sensed the latter flopping down next to him on the bench.

"I heard what you said back there."

"Oh congratulations, your ears work!" Jeongguk would have liked to say he didn't mean for it to come out that salty. He would be lying if that were the case.

The other boy laughed slightly. "You amuse me, Jeon Jeongguk."

Jeongguk rolled his eyes, gaze not leaving his scrapbook page. "Oh spare me the butter, I beg of you."

If he hadn't been so focused on his sketch, he would have heard the latter mutter the words good to know I can make you beg.

"What did you just say?" Jeongguk asked.

"Nothing." He heard a grin in the latter's octave. "Nothing at all."

"Whatever."

Silence prevailed for about a second, before-

"So as I was saying, I heard what you said."

Jeongguk resisted the urge to backflip the heck outta there (he was pretty positive he could) and settled for staying silent.

"And I wanted to tell you-"

"If it's that the teacher is calling me back for detention, then you can tell him to fuck off."

"-that it was fucking brilliant!"

Jeongguk blinked. "Really?"

"Yeah!" The latter laughed again. "Everyone's talking about it. Reckon you'll be the most popular dude for the rest of the semester."

Finally, finally, Jeongguk lifted his gaze up, to notice how close the latter's was at the moment. Not that he cared about that.

Taehyung's hair were ruffled messily by the breeze, eyes crinkled at the corners, lips stretched in a rectangular smile, so that he looked...

....almost cute.

It seemed as if Jeongguk's heart was the one doing backflips now.

"That's....good to know." He couldn't think of a snarty comeback for the life of him.

Taehyung shot him one last smile, before standing up. "Well, nice talking to you, Jeon Jeongguk."

".....nice talk." Jeongguk muttered, long after the latter had walked away out of sight.

________

a/n; who do you think tops?

+ ill add the GIFS later im not using my own phone rn