d a n c e p t . 2

a/n; play this when you reach my second note in the chapter :D

________

“Hello beautiful.”

Both Jeongguk and Taehyung jumped at the sudden sound from behind them. Jeongguk peered back at the form of a tall boy in a maroon overpriced tux, grinning sloppily at Taehyung.

He didn't recall ever seeing his sleazy ass anywhere around campus.

Completely ignoring the brunette, the boy spoke up. “You look like you're bored just sitting here. How 'bout you and I go waltz a bit, huh?”

Taehyung looked alarmed. He glanced back at Jeongguk, who was forcing his expression to remain impassive.

“I, uh...”

“Taehyung, if you want to, it's fine.” No, it wasn't fine, not at all; but Jeongguk was too scared to admit that. Besides, the blonde would have a better night with this dude than he could ever provide him with.

Taehyung frowned at him in disappointment.

“I'm sorry, but as you can see; I have a date.” he gestured towards (a rather surprised) Jeongguk. “So would you please excuse us? Thank you.”

He waited until the guy slouched away, before rounding on the brunette. “Wow, Jeon. Just...wow.” he glared at him. “You were ready to hand me away to some stranger just like that?

“Hey, don't blame me! You looked like you wanted to go.”

“Do you seriously think so less of me?”

“No, but at least you wouldn't have have been bored with him.”

Taehyung blinked.

“Do you...think you bore me?” he asked, frowning.

“Well, yeah, I guess.”

The frown deepened. “Did you know,” he said, “That I wouldn't wish to be anywhere else beside sitting next to you at this moment?”

Saying that Jeongguk turned pink would be an understatement. Staring down at his hands, he mumbled a quiet thank you, his heart more touched that he would have expected it to be.

Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw Taehyung reach out and brush the few strands of hair falling into his eyes.

“Chin up darling, your tiara is falling.” he grinned jokingly.

Without meaning to, Jeongguk snorted. “Shut the fuck up,” he wheezed.

“It fit the situation!” Taehyung was chuckling too.

Gasping for breath (and considerably more cheerful), Jeongguk sipped his drink. “Wait a sec, is this spiced?” he held it up to the chandelier, peering inside.

“Most probably.” Taehyung shrugged, and kept on drinking.

“I...probably shouldn't consume it then.” Jeongguk began worriedly. “Alcohol does weird stuff to me.”

“Hey, relax. It's called getting drunk and it's okay once in a while. And besides, I won't let you embarrass yourself, don't worry.” Taehyung pushed the glass back in the brunette's hand. Jeongguk stared at it dubiously for a couple of seconds, before shrugging.

“'Aight then.”

It was thus, three drinks later, remained a rather tipsy duo of art majors, with both of them feeling bolder than usual. It was for this lone reason, that the older of the two stood up, his chair scraping on the floor behind him.