c o n f e s s i o n s

(a/n; to be clear, this is jst like...an hour (?) after the last chapter)

An auditory nerve wracking bang echoed throughout the dorm, making Taehyung nearly jump out of his skin. Wearily wrapping the duvet around his body like a protective shield, he tiptoed to the door.

"Who is it?" Mindlessly throwing it open turned out to be a very very bad idea (in fact, he made a mental note to check through the peephole from then and forevermore). For standing just outside was...

"Oh. It's you."

Jeongguk had his arms wounded along his chest, a frown residing upon his brow. "Yeah." He replied. "Care to explain why you ran away?"

"Excuse me?" Now it was the blonde's turn to scowl. "I have no idea what you're--"

"Dammit Tae, I'm trying to fix things." The brunette moved a step closer. "But you're not making it easy. I was hoping you'd come to the exhibition so we could talk--"

"Couldn't you have, I dunno, done that in a normal way?" Teeth gritted in frustration, Taehyung didn't even notice when the duvet slipped off his shoulders. "Normal, guk! Ever heard of the word? Labelling me as your pain in front of hundreds of people--"

"That's because it's what you are!" Another step closer. "You have no idea, how terrible I felt this past month, for...for being so stupid. Why can't you understand that?"

"You don't think I felt bad for leaving you like that?" They were practically shouting in each other's faces now, a month's worth of bottled up emotions spilling out over the edge. "You don't think I wanted to talk to you, but couldn't will myself to get out of this stupid apartment and go to class?"

"You aren't seriously thinking I attended classes either, do you?"

"How am I supposed to know that?" Taehyung growled. Jeongguk's hands came up to fist themselves in his shirt, pulling them closer to each other.

"Fuck you, Jeon." He could literally feel waves of fury emanating off Jeongguk's body. "You don't believe in other people having feelings of their own, do you!?"

A nanosecond of silence. Yet it held centuries, millennia worth of stories, of emotions, of utter everything, impossibly contained in that one fleeting glimpse.

"That's what I came here to say, you idiot." The grip on Taehyung's shirt tightened. "I love you."

It was like a brobdingnagian load vaporized off both their beings, completely non-existent now, being whisked away by the breeze.

And then they were kissing, Taehyung's hands coming up to clasp Jeongguk's hair, while the brunette's own impossibly pulled their bodies closer. And there was anger in that kiss, but also affection. I must admit, it was of the darkest kind, the rawest kind one can imagine, but it was there and that was what was truly important.

(a/n; guk topped this time huehuejueheujejej switch agenda completed✔ )

__________

"Hey?" A whisper floated through the dark.

"Mm?"

"Can we like...talk?"

Jeongguk propped himself up on one elbow, squinting through the darkened room at the solitary shape at the edge of the bed. "I think that would be in order."

The shape moved, pulling more of the blanket over himself. It was cold.

"So what does this mean?" Taehyung mumbled. "For us, y'know?"

Jeongguk let silence hang in the vicinity for about a handful of ten seconds, before sighing and properly sitting up.

"What do you want it to be?" He asked softly.

"I'm not sure." The latter hummed. "Usually it's like going out-kiss-sex-possible confession-proper relationship. etc."

"We didn't exactly do that, did we?" Chuckling, Jeongguk reached out to pull Taehyung back under the blanket with him. "Ours was kinda like...your confession-sex-sex-sex again-sex a lot of times after that--"

"--attempted date-break up-your confession-sex once more." Completing the rhythm, the blonde laughed too. "Rather odd."

"You can say that again."

Lying back down together, Taehyung sighed, gaze directed towards the ceiling. "Why does this have to be so complicated?"

"It doesn't." A warm hand grasped his, fingers gently pulling his face around towards a certain brunette. "I have an idea."

Taehyung raised an eyebrow amusedly. "And that would be...?"

"We start again. From scratch." A smile tugged on Jeongguk's lips as he said that. "As of tomorrow we are no longer fuck-buddies-turned-ex-fuck-buddies. We are just two strangers who happen to really really like each other. How's that sound?"

"Hm~ and what is this person who happens to really really like me, about to do?" Taehyung teased.

"Take you out on a date. Wanna go out, Kim Taehyung?" Jeongguk grinned.

"I don't know, Jeon Jeongguk. I barely know you. What if you mess it up?"

"I won't this time. I promise."

Seeing the small pout on the younger's features, Taehyung gave in. What was he supposed to do? Say no?

"Alright you big baby. I like this plan." Pinching his cheeks, Taehyung turned away, settling down more comfortably. He felt an arm wound itself around his waist, whilst warm breath brushed past his ear.

"M'sorry tae."

"For what?"

"For being so naive, I guess? For not...y'know wanting to go to the next level."

"That's alright. You weren't ready, I understand now. Therefore, I'm sorry too, for pushing you so hard."

"It's chill. We're chill now, right?"

"I s'pose."

Silence, a whole minute of actual silence. Just when Taehyung was about to doze off into sleep though, he heard a soft, "I missed you."

Too tired to respond, he merely intertwined his fingers with one of the latter's; utterly content.

_______

a/n; bleurgh cheesy

anygay JUST ONE CHAPTER LEFT YEEHAW