p i a n o

Jeongguk let out a slight notion of irritation as he heard the soft piano notes start up again

Two days later, and still Taehyung hadn't gone past those days, my friend.
Can't he go write his useless epiphanies somewhere else?

Placing the palette back down, he made his way over to the wall separating both rooms. Pressing his ear against it, he took in the muffled melody. Not saying he liked it or anything, like that would be just absurd--

"What the fuck are you doing?"

Jeongguk jumped and tried very hard to look as if he had just been admiring the whitewash (and failing).

"Me? I was just--"

"I thought you didn't like music." Yoongi came up behind him, casting a puzzled glance.

"I don't." The brunette retorted.

A chuckle. More like, a sneer. "Whatever kid." The senior made his way over to the window and peeked out, opting to stare in silence for a while. Then;

"I need your help." He blurted out.

Jeongguk raised his eyebrow. "With what?"

"So there's this guy I know." Yoongi began. "And he kinda really likes his friend, like a fucking lot but doesn't actually know how to--"

"You want to ask Jimin out, don't you?"

Yoongi blinked. "Yes."

Jeongguk patted him on the back. "Look man." He said. "Jimin is seriously into you, and I don't think he'll say no if you ask or anything."

A spark appeared in the ravenette's eyes. "Really? Because I was gonna ask him to the dance."

"Even better." Jeongguk smiled. It felt good to smile. He hadn't been doing that lately. "You ask him, he's gonna say yes. I guarantee it."

Yoongi ruffled his hair, a habit he had kept up since their childhood. "Thanks mate. IOU."

"That, you do."

"What about you, though? What happened to you and that guy you've been hanging around with?" Yoongi lifted himself up onto the desk.

"There is no 'guy' okay?" Jeongguk snapped, good mood gone. "He's just a nobody."

"Jeongguk." Yoongi shot him a flaccid smirk. "I saw your performance last week in acting class, and trust me when I say, he's into you."

"That may be the case." He had actually been pondering over that possibility as well. "That doesn't mean his feelings are reciprocated."

Jeongguk watched as Yoongi chuckled. "You'll realize someday. And then; you'll look back to this day, and think why didn't I listen to Yoongi!? Now I'm here, cold and alone and friendless--"

Jeongguk threw a piece of chalk at him, laughing. "Shut up you old hag."

"Hey! It could happen!"

*****

Taehyung felt his cheeks go red as he caught the conversation from the room right next to his.

"I saw your performance last week in acting class, and trust me when I say; he's into you." The low voice said.

Were his feelings that obvious?

_

a/n; sum good ol' yoonmin