s h u t u p

_________

_________

The blonde boy on the stage had a grin so large plastered across his face, it was becoming harder to recognize if it was that, or a grimace.

He stepped away from the mic and descended the stairs at the side. Some individuals from the crowd went over to him, praise falling from their lips like sweet, sickly honey, pats on the back delivered as if it were their last.

And the boy? Dare I say, he took it rather well.

Jeongguk felt a dense weight settle at the pit of his stomach at the sight, lips curling into a snarl.

He really detested his hearing sensitivity at occasions; and this was one of them. For he could hear every single praise being said.

“Taehyung! Taehyung, hi!” A girl no bigger than eight, said. “Say something wise, please!”

Jeongguk slid his gaze from the girl, to the latter, awaiting his answer.

The blonde hesitated a moment, before slowly uttering out one sentence.

“The Earth has music for those who listen. William Shakespeare.” He said.

And that was the moment Jeongguk decided one thing, for the utter cheesiness in the dialogue made it ever so prominent.

He detested the blonde and everything about him.

“Oh, shut up already.” A little bit too loud, he had thought later.

Every eye in the crowd turned towards him, every attention directed his way.

But for once in his life, he didn't care.

“I-I beg your pardon?” The blonde asked, something like hurt flashing across his brown irises.

“Yeah.” Trying to hide his sudden sweat ridden palms, Jeongguk continued. “As if she is going to understand that. Puh-leaze, she probably doesn't even understand how the alphabet works.”

He pointed towards the girl, who looked to be on the verge of crying.

“Does that offend you in any way?” The blonde asked.

“No, I-I mean, yeah! Yeah, it does!” Maybe this hadn't been such a good idea after all. “The alphabet shouldn't be misused this way, it's....just wrong.”

He walked towards Jeongguk and held his hand out. “Hi, I'm Taehyung, and you have a rather good point.”

I do?

“Thanks.” Jeongguk muttered, all the sudden courage vanishing.

“Do you study literature as well?” The blonde, Taehyung, his name was, asked.

“Um.” It was as if his tongue stopped working. There were just too many eyes trained on his face.

Noticing his discomfort, Taehyung smiled at the others and pulled Jeongguk along with him. Jeongguk felt himself falling in step with the latter.

“Thank you.” What else could he say?

“Anytime. So, as to my question?”

Now away from the crowd, Jeongguk felt his normal cocky attitude return.

“Yeah, no. Not literature, but I'm a fine arts student though.”

“Ah, fine arts.” Taehyung tsked. “Never was good with a paint brush, so I took up writing. I love literature, but there's something about poems and ballads that makes you want to write them, know what I mean?”

“Not really, I hate ballads in fact.” Jeongguk retorted.

“I am,” Taehyung laughed lightly. Dangerously. “Going to have to disagree with you on that.”

Both boys sized each other up with grim smiles. Caution was the key.

“So, see you around, mister.” The smile Taehyung sported didn't give away hidden malevolence.

“It's Jeongguk. Jeon Jeongguk.” One last, tight smile. One slide of his tongue along his bottom lip. A warning.

“Pleasure.” Cocking his head to one side for a moment, the blonde walked off, leaving an utterly disgruntled Jeongguk behind.

Asshole, he thought, gaze still trained on the retreating back of the latter.

A/N; let us all come together and pray that bad boy wins a million awards amen