d e n i a l

There's something about finals, something about the knowledge that several written and/or practical sheets of paper can actually determine your entire future; that makes one go literally insane with panic.

Of course, there are those who prefer to hide that panic under layers of reassuring smiles and encouragement; therein becoming a source of hope not only for themselves, but for those suffering around them as well.

Jeongguk, plainly speaking, was quite the exact opposite.

If an older version of him would've been asked to recount what he spent his days doing, he would've come up absolutely blank. Blank like a clean slate. It was as if time ceased to exist, whirring away; turning weeks into days, days into hours, hours into mere minutes-

Before he knew it, his first liberal arts theory was less than three days away, looming up like an impending doom, seemingly the actual end of the entire universe.

"Death sounds sexy right now." He groaned, throwing his head back against the sofa.

"You know what else sounds sexy right now?" Taehyung mumbled from somewhere behind a whole pile of encyclopedias and clusters of notes.

Curious, Jeongguk piped up, "What?"

The blonde opened his mouth to reply, but almost instantly proceeded to close it, a small smirk splitting his lips. "Nevermind."

"No, tell me."

"I refuse."

"I refuse your refusal."

"That's not how it works."

"Oh, c'mon!" Jeongguk slithered up to the latter. "I'm dying of curiosity."

Taehyung pursed his lips. "No."

"I won't be able to study if I'm curious. So then, when I fail, you'll be the one to blame-"

Taehyung huffed, shutting his book with a resounding snap. Leaning towards Jeongguk (who suddenly understood what he had been hinting at) he collided their lips together, his weight making them fall back against the armrest.

Oh yes, all Jeongguk could recall was imminent death and these 'instances' with Taehyung, seemingly the only thing keeping him sane. They weren't exactly open with this relationship yet, opting to (or at least trying to) keep it a secret.

It was really hard to do that, however, as one was almost always at the other's dorm; hanging out, just spending the night or 'relieving stress' in that special way only the latter knew how to. This brought cons as well, like all things do; obviously. This one particular negativity being brutal teasing from the others, and just for each other in general.

An excellent example being that one time Jeongguk woke up to find Taehyung in the kitchen in his boxers, headphones on full volume and shrieking discordantly along to the lines of Centuries by the Fallout Boys, while he mopped the floor with the mop as his dance partner.

Needless to say, the brunette's blackmailing of posting that video online had made Taehyung nearly rip his hair out in frustration.

Were they in love? Who knows? Certainly not them. Some sort of feelings were involved, but they preferred to think of that as a 'carnal sexual hunger felt by all people of their age". It was an unspoken agreement; bend your pride enough to actually ask me out and I win. Unfortunately though, neither would.

"You gargantuan thotticuses." Jimin sighed one particular afternoon.

"Me or him?" Both Jeongguk and Taehyung spoke up simultaneously.

"Both of you!" The boy pinched his nose in between his thumb and forefinger. "It literally pains me how stupid y'all are! Just suck it up and ask each other out!"

"No." Both said simultaneously once again.

Jimin glared at them. It was unnerving how such a small entity could look this menacing.

"Alright then. If you won't, I will."

"Wait, what?"

"You're going on a date. Tomorrow. 6:00pm. And if any of you dare back out, I will personally invert your ribcage."

Having delivered his death threat, the grayette stood up with a hmmph, walking away to one of the shelves to pick out some other book. Jeongguk and Taehyung turned towards each other.

"You're not showing up, are you?" Taehyung asked.

"Nope. You?"

"Nah."

Both nodding in agreement, they turned back to their respective journals, minds made up.

_____

a/n; yoonminseok. hMMMMM...how about it?